Any information about Chiang mai to Mae Hong Son (bus)

ravelkuan

We went up with the brother in law and came back on the bus. This was many years ago and I remember reading in Lonely Planet that many used the southern route as the northern route though shorter many got car sick on it. My wife did and we came back the southern route.

You might have to go to the bus station and enquire about the bus service. For a mini Van if they have a service I would imagine a travel agent could help you.

Full size buses go the southern route via Mae Sariang. For the northern route, mini vans go to Pai and from Pai you can get another one to MHS. Flying is also possible. Both Kan Air and Air Asia fly the Chiang Mai to MHS route.

A copy from the URL in your post, ravelkuan.

post-144423-0-48758300-1462871784_thumb.

• There is the Nothern line - ROUTE 612 - over Pai

and the

• Sothern line - ROUTE 170 - over Mae Sariang

The Northern route (Pai) has many many bends, more than 1.800. Therefore ask your estomac if it will have problems or not.

The fare: I don't know exactly, maybe 300 or 350 THB by MINIBUS. The Minibuses start at 6:30 a.m. at an interval of 1 hour from Arcade Bus Station: Last bus: don't know.

Duration: 6- 6,5 hours including rests.

Buy your ticket in advance. Especially on weekends you'll have to waite many hours for the next available minibus if you didn't buy the ticket in advance.

The ordinary bus is cheaper, but I don't know the price and it takes more than 7 hours.Only one bus (or 2 ??) each day.

I'm not able to give you dretails about the Southern route.