‘You Wanna Fight?’ Bangkok Moto Taxis Confront GrabBike

webfact

I used to have the phone numbers of a couple of reliable motocy drivers and used to phone them to pick me up. Always reliable, fair price and courteous.

Often (in recent times) I was asked at Pattaya Pad motocy taxis to pay an extra 30% above normal fare. I refused. Instead I'd walk 50 metres and get a different one when my usual ones were busy.

Needless to say the motocy drivers at Pad condo were none too happy - but stuff them if they want to overcharge.

I'd use grabtaxi too in preference.

...am behind the moto taxi dudes on this one. They provide a valuable service. Too much invested to be undercut by a

snazzy web app designed to marginalize their livelihood.

Am all for Uber, etc. to go tits up and perish. Their idea works---until it doesn't--usually involving an accident and the finger pointing begins in earnest. How about an app for Tai legal system and justice?

could care less about some moto-dudes livlihood.

app rides provide safety through registration and freedom from rip offs.

riding with anonymous taxi dudes is a thing of the past. we have them all in our phones now and there will be accountability.

Never have issue with meter it is meter or move on and use DLT app to report driver.

I do that too

have you ever received a message from the DLT?

If you actually call and report the issue, you will get an SMS confirming it.

I suspect the DLT app reports disappear into a black hole, particularly if it's in english.....

...am behind the moto taxi dudes on this one. They provide a valuable service. Too much invested to be undercut by a

snazzy web app designed to marginalize their livelihood.

Am all for Uber, etc. to go tits up and perish. Their idea works---until it doesn't--usually involving an accident and the finger pointing begins in earnest. How about an app for Tai legal system and justice?

could care less about some moto-dudes livlihood.

app rides provide safety through registration and freedom from rip offs.

riding with anonymous taxi dudes is a thing of the past. we have them all in our phones now and there will be accountability.

The big general has just told the Thai to be more innovativ. So i think/hope he will support the new taxibooking systems.