Retirement extension Samui, is this a record?

Thanks for the update. Were you able to redact anything or are you as wide open to fraud as those that passed through that office a month ago whose redacted bank details etc were refused & extensions declined until their security had been thoroughly compromised?

Edited by evadgib

Same experience today.

Came in at 10:12.

Handed all the paperwork for me and my family.

It seemed I even forgot to make a few copies of my passport to be attached to the application of my wife and son. The lady went to the back and made the copies on the spot. 8 copies, 100 baht. Not even a very bad rate.

Asked to pay, got a ticket with number and told to wait outside.

36 minutes later, told to come back in, photos were taken.

At 11:02 we were outside again, with our 3 passports and 1 year extension.

Compared to the OP, no record today (well, they needed to handle the paperwork for 3 passports in our case), but last year it would have been a record for sure...

Edited by thuisinthailand

Similar experience at Sam Khok on Friday 13th, walked through the door at 9:20 walked out at 10:03 with a 12 month retirement extension.

Paperwork was all in order, except Mrs forgot to sign copy of her id. and Tabien Baan, used to prove address.

• Completed TM7 + photo.
  • Passport + copies of main page, all pages from arrival to last entry and TM6 (Departure card).
  • Financials, letter from bank + copy passbook main page and pages showing seasoned 800k (made sure that the account had a movement for that day, something they have asked for in the past).
  • Proof of Address, copy of wifes id and Tabien Baan

Was given 3 extra forms to fill in...

• Acknowledgment of overstay rules.
  • Form asking for name, passport no etc (top half in Thai bottom in English, they wanted both halves completed, so copied the answers).
  • Another form in Thai only asking name, passport etc with the addition of parents name.

The office was very quiet a couple of Europeans, half a dozen Asians and a couple of agents.

A good experience.

My year extension in Samui will end next July 31th, but my next date with immigration is July 13th?

Should I go already with all the papers mainly the bank letter for the 800,000 Baht proof of address ect... ?

Or is it two weeks before to give me time to bring together the papers they will ask on 13th?

Edited by Tchooptip

My year extension in Samui will end next July 31th, but my next date with immigration is July 13th?

Should I go already with all the papers mainly the bank letter for the 800,000 Baht proof of address ect... ?

Or is it two weeks before to give me time to bring together the papers they will ask on 13th?

"... but my next date with immigration is July 13th?"

Sounds like you're talking about a 90 day report if they gave you a date to come in. That's not related to your extension renewal. You might be able to do both things during one visit. And you could even do the 90 day report up to 15 days before the due date.

At most offices you can do an annual extension up to 30 days before the current one expires (and at some offices, up to 45 days early). You don't lose anything by doing it early. They still add on the year starting from when your current extension expires. Usually a good idea to do it early just in case there's something new or that you forgot to bring, so that you have time to deal with it.

Edited by Suradit69

"... but my next date with immigration is July 13th?"

Sounds like you're talking about a 90 day report if they gave you a date to come in.

At most offices you can do an annual extension up to 30 days before the current one expires (and at some offices, up to 45 days early). You don't lose anything by doing it early. They still add on the year starting from when your current extension expires. Usually a good idea to do it early just in case there's something new or that you forgot to bring, so that you have time to deal with it.

My year extension ends clearly the last day of July but on my passport next appointment is July 13th

but since annual extension can be as you said I will go the 13th will all the paper already

Thanks for taking the time answeringsmile.png

her..I just edited the post to add : but the 13th of July the 800,000 Baht wont be there for 3 months, since I had a (little) problem with my bank transfer the money was on my account only round the 25th... but enough for the 31th of course.

Edited by Tchooptip

If the offices mentioned in other posts above .......are completing extensions on day of application ------why oh why does Udon Thani STILL impose a 30days under consideration ????????

Retirement extension does not require 30 days under consideration.

Marriage and Employment does.

• Like 1