can i get a PO box in bangkok?

riorobc023

Yes at Nana post office located on Sukhumvit near Majestic Suites. Cost is 500 baht for a year. Needed item of mail that had been mailed to me at my physical address. Also needed passport.

For the record, any transaction at Post Offices now by foreigners requires sight of an original passport and copies are unacceptable.

I was unaware of this regulation until I went to Nana PO a couple of days ago to send an EMS letter locally and the helpful girl pointed out a notice on the counter in English and Thai stating the requirement. On that occasion, however, she did accept my laminated passport copy as it was obvious from both the address on my letter and from what I was buying from her (that she put into the envelope and sealed) that is was not likely to be any threat to national security.

She did emphasise that for future transactions, of any kind, production of the original passport would be necessary.

Yes at Nana post office located on Sukhumvit near Majestic Suites. Cost is 500 baht for a year. Needed item of mail that had been mailed to me at my physical address. Also needed passport.

For the record, any transaction at Post Offices now by foreigners requires sight of an original passport and copies are unacceptable.

I was unaware of this regulation until I went to Nana PO a couple of days ago to send an EMS letter locally and the helpful girl pointed out a notice on the counter in English and Thai stating the requirement. On that occasion, however, she did accept my laminated passport copy as it was obvious from both the address on my letter and from what I was buying from her (that she put into the envelope and sealed) that is was not likely to be any threat to national security.

She did emphasise that for future transactions, of any kind, production of the original passport would be necessary.

Why is this? Seems like a pretty stupid new rule to me! What about Thai people, do they need to show ID to do a transaction too? lol

Archived