Leisure Time

shopgurl

You have already answered your own question. You said you are bored.

Boredom indicates a chronic lack of stimulation in one or more of the senses (sight, smell, taste, touch, hear, and the 6th one if you believe all of that).

What sense or senses of your's are dulled beyond the point of being stimulated?

What can you think of that you have never done before or haven't done in a long time to restimulate and sharpen them?

Start with them one at a time, like sight.

- Why could your sense of sight be bored? Couch potato? Work, eat, sleep, work kind of schedule? Same surroundings for months on end?

- What could restimulate your sense of sight? A short or long trip? New surroundings? Meet new people? A visit to a new place? A music concert? Being amongst a bunch of new people? Being totally alone?

Think about this for a bit with all of your senses, and I'm sure you will find all the answers that you seek.

You need to get out and explore some of the nearby locations around Bangkok. There are some great places to escape to within an hour or so of Bangkok, evenif only for a days bike riding or somehting like that. But you canaslo overnight in some places. Depends onwhat you are looking for....entertainment or something different.

Its good to have a plan drawn up over a few months.....make dates with friends for day trips and so on. You canchoose the type of thing yo uwant to do and your friends can choose an activity.

Try www.cyclingthailand.com for an example of something nice to do. their Amphawa bike ride is a 1 day trip that is great if you get about 6 people together. Beuatifulcountryside and so close to Bangkok. Well worth it.

think of whole roast chicken and rocky road ice cream and where to find them...

get drunk, cause a disturbance and threaten to sue the cops when you are arrested.

set fire to a place that you don't like...

purchase the entire recording ouvre of Lawrence Tibbett and Jan Pierce and alternate between baritone and tenor singing aspirations...

blow up the world...

Return domestic flights are cheap in Thailand.

Bugger off on friday night, return Monday morning for work.

Some memorable weekend getaways from the last year : Chiang Mai, Mae Hong Song, Phuket, Samui.

Pre book an Avis rental car for Chiang Mai and Phuket.All good.

Not a big surprise for the ones who know me :D

After my retirement end of this year;

Mo-We-Fri Golf

Tue-Thu Shopping

Weekend Lazy Lots of time for books and music and and and !

everyday Internet communication with son (Holland ) and friends.

Planning to make many short trips to discover more of unknown parts of Thailand.

This all together with my levely wife (Thai)

No more dead lines,no more budgets (but my own ! :D ), no demanding bosses!

Life is good :o

Explore the canals.

Those boat services on the canals can take you to some wonderfully

remote corners of Bangkok, well away from the hustle and bustle.

Se ea floating bank. Post office, etc.

Why not start a journal about the cultral difference between Thailand and your own country. For example: It's raining and the gutters are at ther peak. You are walking on a sidewalk. A car drives past. Are you splashed with water or does the car try to avoid the gutter run-off? My experiance of thirteen years here is the latter. (Except for buses!)

Then there are two 10 year olds, boy and girl, walking down the street with ice cream cones. She drops hers. The boy gives his ice cream cone to her.

Start a journal. You may find yourself addicted to cross-cultural differences.

Regards,

BR

BronzeRider - thanks for the idea but have been keeping a journal for over 10 years already....

Sonthaya - I'll get in touch with you if I'm in Phuket for sure.

Penzman - totally agree with you, show me a hiking trail anywhere!

Thank you all for the replies!