Leicester City arrive in Bangkok to heroes' welcome

webfact

Having seen fickle Thai fans over the years the team's popularity will only last as long as long as their success does.

Yes, go on, put a negative spin on this as well, as usual.

Ask a Thai to point out Leicester on the map. This time last year most of them hadn't even heard of Leicester let alone know where it is.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A BILLIONAIRE in Thailand but yet no water for farmers but yet let's party. I'LL stop to much to get sick over.

I don't see the connection.

He is a businessman, not a <deleted> miracle worker.

There is not enough water because the infrastructure is missing, though some individuals have so much money because other elitists/the government gave them concessions/the Power, to extort money out of people to such an extend that they can even buy a foreign 4th league football team. Gyrosman's comment makes perfect sense when you analyse it a bit deeper and I totally agree with him.

4th league team - has a Thai billionaire bought Forest or Leeds now then?

Since when has "Jing Jok" meant fox? Do I need a better translation app?

While none of the people on this tour were involved in what happened last year, take it as a warning, behave!

Well done on winning the league, and see if you can do as well as Forest in the next two seasons....

giggle.gif

Since time immemorial-จิ้งจอก jing jork -fox

จิ้งจก jing jok- lizard

A slight variation in pronunciation missed by some applications.- a good reason to learn Thai language!

To a bockney a jing jork is, and will always be a fork.

I guess bockney is similar to cockney.

Does anybody know where they are playing football in Thailand, I heard they are touring but I do not know where

They are not playing here, just a tour. Not seen any details, but I imagine it will start at Nana, onto Cowboy, ending up at Patpong ! smile.png

That's right. Save the best till last! 5555

thai3 wrote

"Not Leicester then, Cossington st rec might have been better, i'll be going to look at the parade tomorrow, won't happen again!​"

Cossington Street Rec! That is where I learned to play football as a kid and also where I lost my virginity Are the swimming baths still there? Very fond memories.

Do you remember when they used to have wrestling at those Swimming baths? Billy Two Rivers wrestled there.

Haven't been back for a many years but I think they were doing all that area up.

Oh yes billy the fake mohican never saw the wrestling only on TV, Jacky Palo, Mick Macmanus, the royal bros etc. Leic has gone downhill but the county is still very nice and not changed much

A BILLIONAIRE in Thailand but yet no water for farmers but yet let's party. I'LL stop to much to get sick over.

I don't see the connection.

He is a businessman, not a <deleted> miracle worker.

There is not enough water because the infrastructure is missing, though some individuals have so much money because other elitists/the government gave them concessions/the Power, to extort money out of people to such an extend that they can even buy a foreign 4th league football team. Gyrosman's comment makes perfect sense when you analyse it a bit deeper and I totally agree with him.

4th league team - has a Thai billionaire bought Forest or Leeds now then?

Was just kidding of course. Haven't got a clue whose winning/losing these days. Gave up the whole footy thing years ago. It's just another distraction to keep us busy and away from the truth

A few weeks ago the BBC's Jonathan Head reported from a King Power organised Leicester City match night where everyone was suitably dressed.

He then said the BBC had tried to be a LCFC shirt but none were available, all sold out.

During the season and especially towards the end I'v been to various parts of Thailand and have yet to see anyone wearing the shirt.

Edited by Caveat Emptor

I would be more impressed if the billionaire hired all the best soccertrainers of the world to teach the Thai men how to play soccer.

Now they are happy and act like Thailand won the worldcup but i even had never heard of this team. Manchester city was/is from a Thai but they didn't win.

Also i don't like it when Asians/Russians buy European teams, it should stay a sport and not a moneymachine or toy for rich kids.

A few weeks ago the BBC's Jonathan Head reported from a King Power organised Leicester City match night where everyone was suitably dressed.

He then said the BBC had tried to be a LCFC shirt but none were available, all sold out.

During the season and especially towards the end I'v been to various parts of Thailand and have yet to see anyone wearing the shirt.

You should get out more, they have not been available for a long time and even the markets don't have them any more 'mot laew' Do you think people have bought up thousands not to wear them?

You should get out more, they have not been available for a long time and even the markets don't have them any more 'mot laew' Do you think people have bought up thousands not to wear them?

Reading comprehension is your friend.

I don't think the poster is saying people aren't wearing them just, despite all the hype, he / she hasn't seen any and I would echo that sentiment.

Jonathan Head also said that at the start of the season the only place they were on sale were at King Power in the airports and were withdrawn because they couldn't sell them.

Leicester does a wonderful Roy of The Rovers act and suddenly all of Thailand wants part of them.

saw about one thousand people wearing them today, class system in action. The plebs had free shirts, think they were given out yesterday, the media had better ones and 'special groups' had the best with gold lettering on, very nice they were. The 5-6 UK supporters all had old shirts on or like me market copies. Lots of Thais with bought shirts on, even last years kit. Parade started at 5 so a lot of waiting about at the Pullman, helpful security insisted on standing in front at the last minute seemingly to prevent photos, we moved and they moved again, daft. Quite a jolly affair did not find the Thai fans that friendly though, asked one if she knew where Leicester was- in London somewhere rolleyes.gif

Edited by thai3

On UK news the other day they were saying that all King Power employees (and whatever companies he owns) were watching and supporting Leicester this year. They stated that staff where getting up early in the morning to watch games as well.

They also showed staff in one office all in Leicester tops.

PS its Football not Soccer...

On UK news the other day they were saying that all King Power employees (and whatever companies he owns) were watching and supporting Leicester this year. They stated that staff where getting up early in the morning to watch games as well.

They also showed staff in one office all in Leicester tops.

PS its Football not Soccer...

PS it doesn't matter if you call it football or soccer to a Brit. To a yank it might matter. But us Brits don't worry as much as other nations about word snobbery.

Having seen fickle Thai fans over the years the team's popularity will only last as long as long as their success does.

Yes, go on, put a negative spin on this as well, as usual.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yeah.....coming from him it's a bit thick,isn't it!....

the perennial Thai visa post scrutinizergigglem.gif is he

And street vendors in Rangnam get told to stay away for 2 days, with no compensation for loss of earnings. What are the chances the owners give a damn? And does the team know of this shameful and unreported abuse of privilege?

That's the risk of being a streetvendor. They can also rent a shop in a mall and be open every day.

And street vendors in Rangnam get told to stay away for 2 days, with no compensation for loss of earnings. What are the chances the owners give a damn? And does the team know of this shameful and unreported abuse of privilege?

That's the risk of being a streetvendor. They can also rent a shop in a mall and be open every day.

Srreet vendors are illegal anyway and only there on sufferance, the bus could barely get through there, with the vendors it would have been impossible

I used to go school next to the Cathedral in the 70's.

So did I! ==> Alderman Newton's Boys' Grammar School

You weren't that snotty nose kid that was always bottom in class were you? (only jokng!)

This is just an advertising campaign for King Power: How many times have sports teams paraded in your own cities? When the national side wins-yes, when the local club wins-yes, when a foreign club that has few to none local supporters wins ??? blink.pngcoffee1.gif

These vendors were compelled to subsidise a King Power marketing stunt, with no compensation. Yes, street vending is illegal but permission can be obtained from authorized local officers. Many of the Rangnam vendors do have permission to operate. The BMA has an Ordinance on Selling in Public Places and Footpaths B.E. 2545, and has to comply with The Public Cleanliness and Orderliness Act B.E. 2535 (1992), The Land Traffic Act B.E. 2522 (1979) and The Public Health Act B.E. 2535 (1992) etc. I’ll ignore the issue of why the BMA didn’t ask King Power to provide some token compensation for loss of earnings.

At least the cheering ‘fans’ were paid for their efforts. The Premiere League, national press, and BBC media coverage ignores this angle and focuses with blind indifference on the marketing campaign.

Yes, there are issues with traffic congestion and cleanliness. But street vending is an important part of the local economy.

“If I skip a day, I can’t make ends meet.”

stuff a few tatty stalls blocking up the street, and Thai fans were NOT paid, all they got were T shirts. Some people are real misery guts on here, this was a once in a lifetime celebration.

I used to go school next to the Cathedral in the 70's.

So did I! ==> Alderman Newton's Boys' Grammar School

You weren't that snotty nose kid that was always bottom in class were you? (only jokng!)

stuck up swots, we used to thrash you at rugby in the early 60's clap2.gif