Looking for advise on international or EP primary schools

Patrizia

Hello,

Me and my partner, along with our 2 boys aged 2 and 5 are looking at relocating in Phuket for a year. My eldest son is due to start reception in September here in UK and we would move to Phuket at the end of October. I'm looking for advice on any International school or any Thai school that has an EP. Does anyone know what is the least expensive International school? Is the EP program in Thai schools good? Any school that stands out for this? And what are the approximate prices?

Thanks in Advance...:)

My son goes to Kajonkiet EP in Kathu. I'm very happy with it. James

Same here,7 yrs old and in his 4th yr at Kajonkiet EP in Kathu, went on a holiday back to Australia recently and he's definitely on par with similar aged nieces and nephews over there, more than pleased with how he's tracking.

My son goes to Kajonkiet EP in Kathu. I'm very happy with it. James

Same here,7 yrs old and in his 4th yr at Kajonkiet EP in Kathu, went on a holiday back to Australia recently and he's definitely on par with similar aged nieces and nephews over there, more than pleased with how he's tracking.

Thank you, so what is the official age to start primary school in Thailand? I'm a bit confused as every school I have checked out seems to have different entry age requirements, some will take them at 5yrs, other at 6. Or does it not matter if we are talking about foreigners going to EP schools?

It's a business. They accept anyone at any age. That is why Thailand has 3 different kinder levels.

It makes sense , I was looking at kindergartens as well and the ages and grades seem to be different from each one. Thank you

Do you know where in Phuket you will be living as this could be important in helping you choose. A number of smaller international primary schools have opened on the island, cheaper than the main international schools but quite a bit more than the EPs in Thai schools. Palm House, Oak Meadow, International School of Phuket come to mind. There may be more.

If you want your children to learn a UK or international curriculum do not send then to a Thai EP school. If you want them to be Thai then Thai EP is fine.

Kajonkiatsuksa Thalang. New student for 2016 in 76,150.00 Baht. Then Term 1 63,900.00Baht and Term 2 63,400.00Baht.

eMail: [email protected]. Phone 076 617 063. Hope this is of some use. They are just 842 meters

west of Heroiness Monument on the way to Cherng Talay.

For which programme are those prices? And how many terms in one year?

Do you know where in Phuket you will be living as this could be important in helping you choose. A number of smaller international primary schools have opened on the island, cheaper than the main international schools but quite a bit more than the EPs in Thai schools. Palm House, Oak Meadow, International School of Phuket come to mind. There may be more.

Not really. I'm trying to choose the school first, so then I will look for a place to live near by as I've heard that traffic can be quite bad. I don't really fancy a school run in traffic. I really like Oak Meadow but it seems they start at 7yrs. So far, International School of Phuket and Palm House seems to be the ones that I would go for. From the posts here Kajonkiet seems a popular choice with good results for an EP. I guess I'm not going to be able to make a choice until I visit them.

Kajonkiatsuksa Thalang. New student for 2016 in 76,150.00 Baht. Then Term 1 63,900.00Baht and Term 2 63,400.00Baht.

eMail: [email protected]. Phone 076 617 063. Hope this is of some use. They are just 842 meters

west of Heroiness Monument on the way to Cherng Talay.

Thank you. Yes other members suggested this one. It seems to be a popular choice. I'm not sure where we will live but it will have to be near the school.

If you want your children to learn a UK or international curriculum do not send then to a Thai EP school. If you want them to be Thai then Thai EP is fine.

Yes I understand the concerns here, but given that my son would only start reception in UK and we are only considering staying for one year at the moment, I'm not too worried.

I think if things work out for us and we decide to stay longer then I would need to consider this. But I also think that it would be nice for him to be in a normal school environment and be in contact with Thai kids. Kajonkiet EP school seems to be quite good.