Can A Thai Girl Take All The Money Interesting

x846nua

A INTERESTING TOPIC HAS ARISEN AND WILL BE OF INTEREST TO ALL UK FARLANGS BRINGING HOME THERE NEW LITTLE BROWN DARLING.iF YOU MARRY IN THE UK I AM TOLD THE THAI LADY CANNOT GET BRITISH PAssport CITIZENSHIP. DOES THIS MEAN IF SHE WANTS RID OF THE FALANG SAY AFTER 3 YEARS IE DIVORCE IS SHE ENTITLED TO HALF THE MONEY PENSION ETC.Please leave your views about this

You sound a little confused on citizenship. Women ceased to acquire British citizenship by marriage under the 1948 nationality act. Citizenship is acquired by residence, and at present spouses of British citizens have less stringent requirements to meet (fewer years' residence, for example). I have not heard that it matters where you married. Indefinite leave to remain (ILR) now takes two years to achieve.

Once she has that she can get her divorce and bring over the old boyfriend from Thailand, if that was her plan. (I've heard of a Turkish girl doing that, and suspect one Zimbabwean girl of doing that.)

I find it hard to believe that her nationality directly affects her right to your property. Are you suggesting she could get less alimony because it costs less to live in Thailand?

Simple answer, a very painful

YES

Depending on the circumstances.

(My first wife was Thai, a graduate of a French university, and she took me to the cleaners in the UK law courts. Well over 50% of my net worth went to her. This despite our "Marriage" not being recognised as legal under either UK or Thai law!)

p1p~

Not to dwell on old troubles, but I'm a tad curious how that worked as well. Were you "married" for a considerable period of time? Or did you happen to make a fair chunk of your change while you were with her (or she with you)?

In the states they can go after your retirement, but I think they need to have been with you for a certain amount of time. A year or two dalliance won't unlock the piggy bank. But five or more will, though that may vary from state to state. Same goes with "palimony" which is aimed at non-married, long term relationships. But I'm not sure about how it affects pension payouts. I thought that was more after income earned during the relationship.

Jeepz

pre nups are not legal in the uk .The way i see it 50 per cent of marrige fail so the added problems of culture are going to lower that figure but im still not sure a thai in the uk can cliam half the piggy bank till she is a full uk citizen and carrys out a divorce.Maybe if she has children then she could

Sorry to take a while to come back to this thread. Forgot to mark it.

We were together for thirteen years and had two children. Rest is a very long story which I tend to keep inside unless I'm in my cups.

From a solicitors website (UK)..

Pre-nuptial agreements are not generally enforced in the English divorce courts. A divorce lawyer is often asked about the possibility of making a pre-nuptial agreement before entering into a marriage. The normal reason for asking is that at least one of the parties to the intended marriage wishes to preserve previously acquired assets from the jurisdiction of the divorce courts. Unfortunately, the answer in almost all cases is that the jurisdiction of the divorce courts cannot be ousted in this way and that a pre-nuptial agreement is hardly worth the paper it is written on.

So, are there any other ways to do this? What to do to make sure the guy will not get sued to his last penny? If pre-nup doesn't mean much under UK law, I'll sign it to show my intentions anyway. But what else to do so that he could use something in the court, in case, God forbid, something bad happened?

Aside form the 'being taken to the cleaners' part......if you marry a Thai woman regardless of whether it is the UK or Thailand they have the same rights provided your marriage in Thailand is recognised by UK authorities.

They would come initially for a year then can apply for indefinite leave to remain once that year is up (usually takes 6-12 months to come through). As they are married to a British citizen they can apply for a British passport after only three years residence in the country rather than the normal five.

After that they are as British as anyone else and are fully entitled to half of your assests should you divorce!!! :o

It's all true pre nups not recognised and a wife in the uk or from thailand can strip you of 50% regardless of the reason in divorce thats 50% of everything. There is NO safety net for Brits who Marry for that matter even if you live with someone after 6mths there is a claim of common law and it gets stickier from there on. And it's made me as paranoid as ###### about marrying anyone. The only light is if the other half is a bit dim on seeking advice. :o

:o I'm new here.

I have read the post hear and felt sorry for those of you who were stripped off by your Thai wifes.

I need to have my hubby read this post so that he appreciates me more. According to my theory, he and I should share the expenses. Don't ask who pays more. I don't care what he does with his money, and he can't say a word if I want to send some to my mum. In fact, I never once send money back to Thailand because I don't know how to. I save a couple thousand bucks and hand to my sister, and she manages my money. I'm lucky that I'm not coming from the poor family where the relative suck money out of me like blood. My mum doesn't need my support, but I do it because I have done it for 20 years. Anyway, I had a talk with my hubby the first day I got a job. I told him I wouldn't want anything from him as long as I could stand on my feet. I even begged him to put his children names on his life insurance. Yeah, I must be drunk or crazy to do that. I think his children deserve some from their dad. I felt quity to have everything for myself if he died. Ten years later, he's still strong as a horse. He takes care of me. Thank god on that.

I am extremely fair to him. Before leaving for Thailand, I always leave some money for him. I think it's my duty to feed him. When I'm not there, I just hand him money to buy food. Lucky him, our friend always feed him when I'm not there.

For those of you who have bad bad experience with Thai wifes, I hope you don't jump into conclusion that all of Thai women want to take every single penny from you. I can't tell you where to find another person like me. Let's hope there are more out there.

Don't marry a thai or anyone else for that matter. Just because 98% of posters here marry to get visas, don't do it

Who are you to say you should not marry a Thai girl, just because YOU may have had a bad experince, try reading the posts on happily married Farang's who have great Thai wives, Plonker :o

Listen Up Guys --- This IS how Engish Law Considers a divorce.

First the Court will decide if it has duristiction to consider the divorce petition,

Duristiction will be determined by any significant link to England or Wales, for example. If ONE person in the marriage is living in England, or has any assets in England. (House, Pension, money in the bank or any other valuables).

Next the Court will decide if the couple are married. This does not have to be a marriage under English Law, the marriage does not have to be registered at a British Embassy nor, under cirtain circumstances does the marriage have to be registered. Thai marriages in the family home have been recognised in English divorce courts dispite there being no registration at the Amphur.

The documentation submitted at the Embassy when you asked for a visa can and has been used to support eveindence of a relationship.

NATIONALITY is NOT a consideration, and provided a link to England or wales is demonstrated, neither is place of residence. So you can send your Thai wife home with a private payoff and she can still come after you.

If the court does hear the petition it will divide you assets according to the same set of rules that it would apply to a marriage between two people permanently residing in the UK.

The starting point will be 50/50 but if you have children you will be expected to pay for them at the minimum rate determined by the Child Support Authority but if your wife's lawyer is worth his salt then you may be asked to pay for international schooling in Thailand and private health insurance.

There is no alomony under English law

But neither are prenuptual agreements accepted.

I believe Scottish and Norhtern Ireland Laws are similar to the English Law in most respects.

And if that does not worry you, I know a lawyer in Pattaya that hands out information in Thai to bar girls and any Thai woman she meets married to a brit.

You get married to anyone, you do not even need to take her to the UK but you are subject to the court's decision.

:D REMBEMER YOU CAN PAY FOR VISA FOR THAI WIFE.THE BIG,BIG, BUT IS ONCE SHE LANDS ON UK SOIL SHE CAN SAY BYE BYE TO YOU RATE THERE THE FIRST DAY.YOU CAN GIVE VISA BUT YOU CAN NOT REVOKE IT OR TAKE IT BACK.THEN THE LAWYERS LETTER COMES & YOU HAVE TO PAY ALL LIVING EXPENSES ETC ETC

GOOD LUCK :o

OH YES I'AM VERY HAPPLY MARRIED TO A LOVELY THAI LADY.BUT MARRAGE IS LIKE A BUSSINESS YOU CAN RUN A GOOD ONE OR A BAD ONE.DO YOUR HOME WORK & LAY THE CARDS ON THE TABLE.

:o REGGIE&SINEENART

They might well be ABLE to get 50 % of the assets but if they do or not is another matter.

As I was on the recieving end of a legally aided kicking from a Thai prostitute(sorry not a bargirl,lady of the night etc.) whom I had the misfortune of getting married to I can speak from experience.

I have also seen many of these mariages to prostitutes end in divorce courts and believe me they are ruthless and why not they are not paying the lawyers bill.

I ended up sacking the lawyer I had and doing it myself because at over 120 quid an hour that I was paying for a dummy who would not ask the questions I wanted asking.

The marriage became a nightmare with her drinking,gambling most nights of the week with her Thai prostitute mates that she met in the U.K.not going to work, about two days a week.

The deal we had was that she left with the house I paid for here in Thailand the gold, the Rolex and all the rest of the stuff plus something you can't buy,a U.K.passsport and wait for 2 years and get a divorce through mutual consent.

This was before she was told about legal aid,out of the blue came a letter saying that I had put her in hospital on several occasions with the odd broken jaw, arm and when I really excelled myself a broken leg and saying that I had in general given her a hard time.

I thought they had the wrong address on it but no.So when I sacked the lawyer I asked the judge re the hospital admission dates, the hospitals that she attented etc.

He said to her lawyer tell him, meaning me.

Try this, he said she had made a mistake,a mistake? If someone had done this to me it would not have slipped my memory but it's government money i.e. mine so who gives a toss.

They even came after property I had purchased after we had split up and again why not?

I bought her a trailer for selling Thai food at festivals, taking about a 1000 pounds a day, all in her name as I'm not that stupid.

I asked the judge for the audited accounts, there were none as it was all cash I had all the photos and stuff.She forgot to tell the lawyer about this so that cheered him up.

To cut a long story short this dragged on for 18 months before we settled up I had to give her a few grand but it was worth every penny to get rid.

She is back on the game in London, I'm here with a decent Thai lady so who came off worst.

A word of advice to anyone thinking about marrying a Thai prostitute.Don't.

For every one marriage that works there must be 50 that don't and you want to see some of the stunts these animals pull when the gloves are off.

Of course these immigrants like all immigrants to the U.K will tell you how wonderful their home country is, we know the weather is better, the food, the people an so on and they would do anything for their old country except one thing.

That is to go back there

If anyone out there is happily married to a Thai prostitute good for you. I don't want to know but remember QUANTAS has never had a fatal accident.

Yet

A INTERESTING TOPIC HAS ARISEN AND WILL BE OF INTEREST TO ALL UK FARLANGS BRINGING HOME THERE NEW LITTLE BROWN DARLING.iF YOU MARRY IN THE UK I AM TOLD THE THAI LADY CANNOT GET BRITISH PAssport CITIZENSHIP. DOES THIS MEAN IF SHE WANTS RID OF THE FALANG SAY AFTER 3 YEARS IE DIVORCE IS SHE ENTITLED TO HALF THE MONEY PENSION ETC.Please leave your views about this

I see that you are a new poster and may need to read a lot of other threads before you understand fully the following account :

I am on my third marriage - and hopefully the last.

My first wife was Spanish, before the UK ws a part of Europe. We had a lovely daughter and I was fairly happy, working in the Middle East and getting home every three months. Not good enough for my wife, who wanted me to quit and workin UK. I was not prepared to do so, so the UK divorce settlement was - house, bank account, all assets to wife - all costs to me.

A couple of years later I married a Polish girl, who was also working in the Middle East. We got along fine while together, but then returned to the UK to buy a house. I then left for work in HK, while she stayed in UK to get citizenship (3 years when married to UK citizen). She then went to University in London to get the qualifications she needed to work in a UK hospital (her Polish qualifications were not then recognised, although now, Poland being in EU, they would have to be). So that was another three years she was in the UK and we drifted apart. Mutually agreed a divorce, which I thought would be amicable. Then her lawyer went for the jugular and the result was - 80% of assets to her, costs to me.

Divorce courts in the UK will always, in my experience, faour the wife to a disproportionate extent if the man has a source of income that the court cannot attach.

A Thai wife is no different to any other, with regard to citizenship - three years in the UK, living with spouse, or living in the marital home. This will be checked upon, as it is with others. If she tries for divorce after gaining citizenship, she will have to abide by what the courts decide. They may take the view that she is being mercenary and give a low settlelment, but I think it more likely that she would take everything, not just 50%.

If you are looking at divorce before the marriage even gets under way, then don't marry. Bring back a girl for a three-month holiday in UK, give her a nice cash present, send her home. But tell her this before the start.

but I think it more likely that she would take everything, not just 50%.

Do what I did sack the lawyer and do it yourself, you really don't need them parasites.

I spoke to the judge as I speak to anyone politely and logically, he was OK.

He saw what she was and more or less said to her hard luck love but it was a nice try.

If English is your first language I reccomend anyone doing it themselves and not getting huge court costs for these bloodsuckers.

Believe me the costs sometime atre more than the settlement.

Then her lawyer went for the jugular and the result was - 80% of assets to her, costs to me.

Divorce courts in the UK will always, in my experience, favour the wife to a disproportionate extent if the man has a source of income that the court cannot attach.

If you are looking at divorce before the marriage even gets under way, then don't marry. Bring back a girl for a three-month holiday in UK, give her a nice cash present, send her home. But tell her this before the start.

If you think, a girl living with you for 3 months has no rights over your assets, then you are wrong informed....

There is no much difference between marriage / or living together in the same household in the European Union.

I am sorry for you, but you had no good legal assistance, 80 percent of the assests to the woman shows what means equality in court between man and woman. A rip-off for the man, a non-predictable risk....

Women are good in claiming support by law, however men feel somehow helpless or ashamed in most cases to make use out of it....

My friend was in a bad situation:

Married 2 months with a woman, who had a child, he was cheated by her 3-4 times a week (he had to work often during night-time), found even the ex-husband in his bedroom of his house, eating the food out of the refrigator of the kitchen....

Divorce: The woman was claiming 50 percent of his house in cash, and payment of monthly support.

He felt deeply ashamed, to follow exactly the advices to his laywer....

but he did it....

his house is still his house

the child of his former wife is living with him now

no support to pay for his former wife....

About lawyers, Maerim is right, you do not need the lawyer in the court, but you need him to provide for you a good consultation only in his office, informations about what to do and what to avoid.....this is not so expensive...

If you request the lawyer to act for you - you will receive a huge invoice....

You should speak for yourself to the judge...makes a better impression and is much cheaper.

Johann

Don't marry a thai or anyone else for that matter. Just because 98% of posters here marry to get visas, don't do it

Who are you to say you should not marry a Thai girl, just because YOU may have had a bad experince, try reading the posts on happily married Farang's who have great Thai wives, Plonker :o

If the girl is a local one from the next door, or if she is an Asian girl, does not matter.

The law is the same, and it will always favor the woman...50 percent or more of your assets might be taken away from you and given to a woman, who had nothing some few months ago.....

Equality by European Union.....

This might happen to you, even if you did nothing wrong at all - even with your best intention....it is your RISK as the man, and with a divorce rate of 50 percent in the European Union, the possibility, that your marriage fails, is very high.

I personally agree with you, that marriage with a Thai woman (or other Asian girl) might decrease your risk, marriage with a Caucasian woman within the European Union might increase your risk....

My friends, married to local girls in Europe, had all several divorces, however those, who decided for an Asian woman, are still together with the same woman .....Divorces are rare...but there are divorces......

The risk exists...and it is always the man, who pays.....

I have full understandings, that some cheated men are not interested in any long-term relationship anymore, as they paid bitterly for their good intention.

Johann

There is a way round it...........

Only one that I know of, what you would need to do is go to a country like Belize, or some other tax haven outside the E.U.

Then set up an off shore company and open an off shore bank account in that country.

Then you sell all your assets to that off shore company (i.e sell them for a pound, so you are selling them to yourself), and that way no wife will be able to touch your assets. Not one penny of them. You would also need to transfer all your savings to an off shore account.

With regards to your Thai wife, she WOULD be entitled to HALF your assets if you didnt take the route I have advised.