PM Prayut praises award-winning Thai package designers

webfact

PM praises award-winning Thai package designers

BANGKOK, 25 May 2016 (NNT) – The Prime Minister has congratulated and praised Thai package designers who were awarded at global and regional competitions, encouraging further development through the utilization of marketing researches.

Minister of Industry Atchaka Sibunruang has brought a group of award winning Thai package designers from the package design competition at the global and Asian levels to meet Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha prior to the Cabinet meeting.

The Prime Minister praised all designers for their work which initiates the rethinking of ideas that led to actual manufacturing and an enhancement of product value. He advised them to further develop their ideas using marketing researches in order to design various packages to answer the different needs in different areas.

Meanwhile, Minister of Information and Communication Technology Uttama Savanayana has led a delegation of the event organizers of Digital Thailand 2016 to meet with the Prime Minister, to promote the event which is scheduled to take place on 26-28 May 2016 at Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre, Bangkok.

On this occasion, the Prime Minister has watched the demonstration of remote control pesticide sprayer, and the barcode-scanning eyeglasses designed for persons with visual impairment to scan barcodes and extract information.

The PM has said every person must continue developing themselves, before extending his message to farmers to carefully plan their cultivation according to weather conditions.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-05-25 footer_n.gif

Thai packaging, now that's an innovation. I've never seen packaging as hard to open anywhere. Getting a bag of Lay's open requires turning into a green Hulk.

I understand why though, Thais correctly don't trust anything packaged but want to see inside. To prevent this you must make the packages withstand a direct nuclear hit.

Thai packaging, now that's an innovation. I've never seen packaging as hard to open anywhere. Getting a bag of Lay's open requires turning into a green Hulk.

I understand why though, Thais correctly don't trust anything packaged but want to see inside. To prevent this you must make the packages withstand a direct nuclear hit.

I have one pair of scissors for cutting my nails, one pair for trimming bacon, and a heavy duty pair for opening packets of snacks and anything blister packed.

Totally agree. These days opening almost every packet involves a trip to the workshop and the use of heavy duty tools. Some see through plastic packaging used for electronics and the like seems to be as strong as high tensile steel. Often trying to open the package just about results in destroying the contents.

In many cases I suspect the packaging costs (plus mark-up) costs the manufacturer (read consumer) much more than what's inside.

I wonder if there were any awards for the most indestructible package.