Need urgent visa help

First let me say what a great site you have here...very informative..

Secondly, I have urgent info I need...I am wanting to fly out of Melbourne Australia to BKK in the next week but am unsure of how i can stay there??  I am looking on getting a 'return' that would have a flight back 30 odd days after i arrive...that entitles me to a 30 day visa free stay?

My problem is i want to stay and do the 'border run' every 30 days...now if i 'forget' to return to Australia at the booked flight time 30 days later will i get into trouble and be deported or anything?

I know someone already there from OZ who does the border runs...though she got a 1yr one way 2 and a half years ago...

I pretty much need to know this info right away as I have to pay the money in like 2 days....

Buy a ticket that have a return flight within 30 days, but buy a ticket that you can change.

Why you don't get a double entry Tourist visa instead? With a visa issued by Thai Embassy or Consulate in Oz you don't need a return/onward ticket.

As soon as you don't overstay in Thailand there will be no problems.

You might contact the Thai Consul in Brisbane, they can issue a One-Year multiple entry visa, which will make life much more easy visa vise.

Thanks for the info George...

but there are a few problems...first i need to book and buy the ticket tomorrow because i have to be there by sunday/monday....so no time for the embassy...

I called that ###### useless flightcentre 8 times and got so many conflicting reports its not funny...

I can either get a cheaper ticket that will let me stay 30 days then i have to come home, or a 1yr ticket thats 300 dearer.. that will be on the same 30 day visa free thing....

which one can i do the border run with a '30 day visa free thing'?

or do i need a visa to do the border run every 30 days?

i have to know by tomorrow...thats when i pay for a ticket...

thanks George.

basically i guess im asking if i can stay there without as visa too...

Turn up at the airport without either a visa or an outbound ticket within 30 days......you will remain in Melbourne town

Work asd a tourist means jail and deportation if you are caught. The border hop thing won't work now....outbound ticket is required. Defer your trip or suffer the consequences

:ghostface:

Pattaya here, BUT I use the Thai Consulte in Melbourne, it is at 566 St Kilda Road, many Trams pass the door and run by a local Dentist and he and the staff are very nice and easy when you have a quiry..Usual office hours for a Embassy apply.. Delay the trip, and be within the Thailand law.. bye

True David, but Melbourne will not issue multi's other than marriage with All DOCUMENTATION. Our brave aspirant won't even get off the ground. He'll think I am negative, but 30 "ODD"days doesn't comply with airline or Immigration requirements. Days of arrival and departure each count for a day each as well.

For mine, ole Melbourne should stay in Melbourne. He stands out as the most naive unprepared punter hereabouts. And all regulars know that's a BIGGY