Married And Divorced

I'm working in Bkk since 5 years, having a work permit of course, was married with a Thai 10 years, having a child of 7 years old with her and divorced now. We bought a house for our daughter with my wife's name and me as the garantor of the credit, no problem with that.

The question is, if one day i loose my job, what will be the solution in order to stay here ?

I'm 42 years old, have a honest salary, applying for a permanent residence is far from certain !

Can somebody tell me ?

Thank you.

You're younger than 50, so you can't get a retirement visa.

You're younger than 50, so you can't get a non-immigrant-O visa for taking care of your child.

You're not married so you can't get a non-immigrant-O visa based on marriage.

You're working and you now have a non-immigrant-B visa, right?

If this visa would expire and you don't have a job anymore I am afraid that the only possibility that is left for you are tourist visas. Maybe immigration department could do something special for you, something out of the rules. It seems to be inhumane to send you out or to make you switch to tourists visas.

I feel really bad for all the people that are hit that hard by the new immigration rules. The rules not only seem to send out the criminals and non-tax-paying "english teachers/everlasting tourists" but also many of the good and honest fathers and husbands.

Edited by kriswillems