PC play Clip or Video = Driving me crazy

ignis

Wonder if anyone can advise/help

All works fine, then suddenly, no video or clip will play...just will not load...No message or info at all... So Shut down PC and restart = fine and works.. maybe will last 10 mins or 10 hours before having to reboot again.. Just had to reboot for 5th time this morning !! is beyond me what is wrong

My PC = Win 10 64 bit been using about 9 months, Asus R 7 GDDR 5 - 2 GB Graphics card, 16 GB DDR 4 Memory.. FX 8370 CPU AM3+

Are you trying to play the vids via internet browser - youtube, other web sites, etc?

If so, verify your browser and its extensions and plugins are up to date. If using Firefox, it's the puzzle piece looking icon, I've got mine placed on the top toolbar area for easy access.

post-134393-0-99071200-1464575982_thumb.

Are you trying to play the vids via internet browser - youtube, other web sites, etc?

If so, verify your browser and its extensions and plugins are up to date. If using Firefox, it's the puzzle piece looking icon, I've got mine placed on the top toolbar area for easy access.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

other sites, even the odd clip on here, mostly News clips both Thai and and World News sites.. clips on Facebook

Sometimes use my PC for Live TV - Kodi, that also will suddenly stop, no mater how many time try to reload it will not, must reboot PC

Use Chrome..

In Add-Ons is this something I need to add ? have No idea what it is/does?? Videostream for Google Chromecast™

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

other sites, even the odd clip on here, mostly News clips both Thai and and World News sites.. clips on Facebook

Sometimes use my PC for Live TV - Kodi, that also will suddenly stop, no mater how many time try to reload it will not, must reboot PC

Use Chrome..

In Add-Ons is this something I need to add ? have No idea what it is/does?? Videostream for Google Chromecast™

I'm not familiar with Chrome, but someone who is will be along shortly.

If you are watching the videos on your computer's screen, there is no nead for the videostream for Chromecast. That is only needed if you want to cast wirelessly to a TV using Chromecast. And rather than casting wirelessly, I recommend using an HDMI cable between the computer and the TV. Otherwise, you cut into the bandwidth available for all of your wireless devices and your computer may have trouble receiving video streams without buffing. No, something else is going on. Be sure to install the latest updates for your OS and video card. Update your Kodi to the new version - Estuary. Update Java. If you still get freezes, hit ctrl-alt-delete to bring up task manager and see what process has stopped responding. When you discover that, write back and we'll take it from there. Good luck.

If you are watching the videos on your computer's screen, there is no nead for the videostream for Chromecast. That is only needed if you want to cast wirelessly to a TV using Chromecast. And rather than casting wirelessly, I recommend using an HDMI cable between the computer and the TV. Otherwise, you cut into the bandwidth available for all of your wireless devices and your computer may have trouble receiving video streams without buffing. No, something else is going on. Be sure to install the latest updates for your OS and video card. Update your Kodi to the new version - Estuary. Update Java. If you still get freezes, hit ctrl-alt-delete to bring up task manager and see what process has stopped responding. When you discover that, write back and we'll take it from there. Good luck.

OK...... Just watching the Queen and her Corgis and it stopped....... now nothing [clips or Videos] on the News will load........ Task Manager states 'Google Chrome' - Running... there is nothing more running ??