Suu Kyi and Burma’s President to visit Thailand June 23-25

webfact

Suu Kyi and Burma’s President to visit Thailand June 23-25

ASSK-Thailand-wpcf_728x413.jpg

YANGON: -- Burma’s state counselor and foreign minister Aung San Suu Kyi will visit Thailand in June, reported The Irrawaddy quoting the President’s Office on Monday.

The Office’s spokesman Zaw Htay confirmed that the trip would take place in June but the exact date s are still being negotiated. However, inside sources said the trip would be between June 23-25 and that President Htin Kyaw would join Suu Kyi on the trip.

In their first trip abroad since the formation of the government in March, Htin Kyaw and Suu Kyi flew to Laos in early May.

On May 9, Thai foreign minister Don Pramudwinai visited Burma and met with Suu Kyi and Htin Kyaw, a confidant of the NLD leader who effectively serves as her proxy due to constitutional restrictions barring her from the presidency.

Burma’s army chief Senior General Min Aung Hlang visited Thailand for three days during which he met Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha and Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwan.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/165382

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-05-31

Suu Kyi and President Htin are of interest, however the despots that fill the last line of the article one could do without , I seen Suu Kyi on OZ SBS at a forum and she impressed greatly with her depth of knowledge and manner ,as she described being under house detention and the up coming Democratic elections you would have to go along way to get a better leader , unfortunately she meets an Un- elected one in Prayut , however , Suu Kyi has dealt with these bozo's before and look who one..........................................coffee1.gif

How I envy 53-year-old American, John Yettaw who in 2009 used a pair of homemade flippers to swim across a lake to Aung San Suu Kyi's house where he allegedly stayed between May 3 and May 5.

Suu Kyi and President Htin are of interest, however the despots that fill the last line of the article one could do without , I seen Suu Kyi on OZ SBS at a forum and she impressed greatly with her depth of knowledge and manner ,as she described being under house detention and the up coming Democratic elections you would have to go along way to get a better leader , unfortunately she meets an Un- elected one in Prayut , however , Suu Kyi has dealt with these bozo's before and look who one..........................................coffee1.gif

Much better she meets Prayuth than the previous PM, a puppet of her brother, a fugitive criminal!

It will be interesting to know just who she will actually meet during her visit and of course the Thai press releases after the visit will be a source of much comment on this forum.

I doubt she'll bother meeting any disgraced former pretend PM's. She's more clued up than the brainless German federalists who nipped over for a nice jaunt on EU taxpayers expenses.

It will be interesting to know just who she will actually meet during her visit and of course the Thai press releases after the visit will be a source of much comment on this forum.

I doubt she'll bother meeting any disgraced former pretend PM's. She's more clued up than the brainless German federalists who nipped over for a nice jaunt on EU taxpayers expenses.

You clearly have not the remotest understanding of ASSK's thinking.I would be astonished if she did not meet Yingluck and express solidarity with democratic principles .More to the point why should someone who has been imprisoned by military tyrants want to spend more time with this type beyond what is diplomatically necessary?