Commute Question from Bangkok to Hua Hin to Pattaya to Bangkok

pieceofcake22

Hello all,

I am trying to plan out the best affordable, air conditioned commute from Bangkok to Hua Hin to Pattaya and back to Bangkok in late July. I will have one large suitcase with me as well as a carry on bag and my plan is to stay a week in Bangkok, three days in Hua Hin and three days in Pattaya before heading back to Bangkok.

I have been reading quite a bit about trains, minivans from Victory Monument and cabs (not an option for me because it is expensive) and as confused as I am regarding the names and where the stations are located, here is what I have gathered:

1. Minivans mostly get a bad rep for rowdy drivers and please correct me if I'm wrong, it is also probably not the best ride to get if you have a suitcase.

2. Trains are slow and I would like to reach Hua Hin and all my other destinations at daytime. As I take it, the only train that leaves in the morning isn't air conditioned and it is also the lowest class train. What is my best bet to reach Hua Hin from Bangkok in an air conditioned vehicle safely, affordably and reach at daytime with a suitcase?

3. What is my best bet to reach Pattaya from Hua Hin in an air conditioned vehicle safely, affordably and reach at daytime with a suitcase?

I would ideally like to reach every destination and be back to Bangkok after Hua Hin and Pattaya by the early afternoon at the latest and I am skeptical of commuting at night.

I would appreciate any help immensely. Thank you in advance to anyone and everyone who attempt to help a fellow traveller out.

Peace and love.

1. Bangkok to Hua Hin

a) Bus from Sai Tai Mai (Southern Bus Terminal), or

b)Bus from Suwannaphum Airport

c)Bell bus from Suwannaphum Airport - more expensive, but will take you to the door of your hotel

2. Return to Bkk. Via same

3. Bangkok to Pattaya

a) Bus from Ekkamai Bus station to North Pattaya Bus Station on North Road, or

b)Bus from ground floor of Suwannaphum Airport to Jomtien Bus Terminal,or

c) Bell bus from Suw. Airport, door to door service as above

4. Return to Bkk. via same.

Notes:

1. Suwannaphum Airport buses depart from the ground floor, near Door 8.

2. The bus to Jomtien will drop you on Sukhumwit Road at the North, Central. or South Road intersections. It will stop at the intersections of Soi Potisan (Naklua) and Theprasit Road upon your prior request.

3. Returning from Jomtien, the only boarding point is at the Jomtien Bus Terminal.

4. No advance reservations accepted at Suw. for the regular buses to Jomtien and HH. Returning from Jomtien, you can book a seat up to 3 days in advance by going to the Terminal. While I have never done so from HH, my guess would be that the same option is offered there.

5. I don't think there is door to door Bell bus service from hotels in Pattaya, Jomtien or Hua Hin returning to Bangkok. the logistics would be too cumbersome.

Some 'tourist' minibuses might have room for a big suitcase, other, er, plebeian minibuses will make you buy another ticket for your bag, which will occupy a seat.

Ekkamai has had a hazard of BiB doing turn-out-your-pockets inspections, I'm not sure if this still goes on.

Google maps has Dusit HH to Dusit Pattaya as 4hrs. I'd add at least an hour extra to drive that. Point is HH and Pattaya are not that close therefore not that convenient to travel between them especially if you don't have a car or hire car (hire car about b1000 per day). Have you thought of going to just one to maximise your time and money, or say Pattaya and Koh Samet or Rayong.