Getting a tourist visa in the USA as a UK citizen

Hi, do any of you know if it's possible for me to get a tourist visa from somewhere in the US while I'm there on holiday? I'm a UK citizen but I'm planning to fly directly to Thailand after my trip to the US so I'll need a TV. I'll be in NYC for a while and a few other places

Thanks for any help

I'm going to NYC, Charleston, SC, Savannah, GA, Tallahsee, FL, Destin, FL, Mobile, AL, Biloxi, MS and New Orleans. Does anyone have any experience getting a visa in these places where I might be able to get in and out in the same day?

I'm flying in and out of New York so I'm thinking this will be my best option, unless one of those other places will be quicker and easier while I'm there?

Edited by ha55ha

I would check online, but most of those places probably would not have a Thai Consul. They are not major cities...maybe New Orleans, but I doubt it. New York is where the Thai Embassy is located and that would be your best shot. Good luck.

Some of the honorary consulates might do it on the same day. The embassy and official consulates at the best would be next day service.

You might want to contact the honorary consulates in Atlanta, Florida or New Orleans about it.

I would check online, but most of those places probably would not have a Thai Consul. They are not major cities...maybe New Orleans, but I doubt it. New York is where the Thai Embassy is located and that would be your best shot. Good luck.

You should click on this list of honorary consulates I posted earlier. http://thaiembdc.org/royal-thai-honorary-consulates-general-in-the-u-s/

The embassy is in Washington DC. There is a official Thai consulate in New York.

• Like 1

"New York is where the Thai Embassy is located and that would be your best shot. Good luck. "

All embassies to the US are located in Washington DC. All embassies to any country are located in the national capital of that country. Consulates may or may not exist in other cities.

Generally speaking, Thai consulates are easier to deal with when applying for a visa compared to Thai embassies, although that can vary.

"New York is where the Thai Embassy is located and that would be your best shot. Good luck. "

All embassies to the US are located in Washington DC. All embassies to any country are located in the national capital of that country. Consulates may or may not exist in other cities.

Generally speaking, Thai consulates are easier to deal with when applying for a visa compared to Thai embassies, although that can vary.

With at least one notable exception.