Tiger’s Temple faces eight counts of charges

These cruel so called Monks are hiding behind their orange dresses well knowing the Police are too superstitious to treat them as the crooks that they so obviously are!

As for animal cruelty in general the whole Elephant situation needs inspecting.

Pattaya Zoo and the cruelty inflicted on Elephants by severe whippings and Bears forced to sit unnaturally for hours to be photographed having sharp stick poked into their armpits!

Thai is far from a caring country regarding animals.

I watched an elephant show once and disliked it intensely for making these animals do stupid things and adopt unnatural poses for the amusement of us spoiled and stupid humans, many of whom regard ourselves as superior to animals, which I suspect is used as a justification to use and abuse animals.

A local animal show here in Prachuap Kirikhan is even being advertised as an "intelligent animal show", which to me is an oxymoron (contradiction in terms).

The clampdown on the Tiger Temple is therefore in my opinion a big step in the right direction, as is legislation passed some time ago prohibiting the parading of baby elephants through city streets to make money.

A local animal show here in Prachuap Kirikhan is even being advertised as an "intelligent animal show", which to me is an oxymoron (contradiction in terms).

Thanks but, I think most of the inhabitants of this forum already have enough experience of the place to not need a definition of oxymoron.

i am NOT really surprised it took so many years before they shut down the operation.

Nobody remember the HIV temple? Another great thai scams? They would put ill people in terminal condition in this temple. They would organize tour group to visit these people.

And the monk would pocket the money from the tourists! Until some foreign volunteers, once again, disclosed the scams.

Edited by Bender

Starky is correct....we all know where this will go.....an assault of the buddhist ways....doubted very much!

The abbot is sitting pretty after a comfortable1st class flight to somewhere away from the madding crowd......the cruel, athiest prick!

I think the monk in Hawaii still has room on his jet for one more "paying" passenger. Should be a photo popping up soon showing the pair laughing and drinking champagne. Who knows this could be the start of a movement.

Tiger Temple Thailand

Tiger Temple is closed but you can still go to the Tiger Temple. Then leave for Tiger Safari Park.
The Tiger Safari Park which has Leopard, Lion and Tiger cubs, That you can play with and feed.
Also Tiger Garden which has the adult Tiger you can get up close and personal and interact with.
No difference just more animals. (Not Safari world Bangkok have no interaction with Tigers)
JUST A BETTER DEAL ALL ROUND FOR EVERYONE.

From the Tiger temple website, one of the reports mentioned that there was a shortage of cubs when the temple was raided, I wonder where they could have gone, it may also pay to check who's sitting in the bosses chair there as well? http://www.safarivolunteer.com/#!combined-ticket/cv6f

This story has been picked up by the international press, so expect the animal rights people to make a lot of noise. Who knows, it might get past tweeting and other displays of outrage.

If the international press have picked this up that guarantees a personal visit from the PM to try and steady the helm and pour cold water on negative comments.

The abbot will be summoned for questioning. So they know where he is ? Other prominent Thais have been summoned but have never appeared. I would like to see leading naturalists from around the world get together and demand answers and make this story front page news in all countries for as long as it takes....

The abbot will be summoned for questioning. So they know where he is ? Other prominent Thais have been summoned but have never appeared. I would like to see leading naturalists from around the world get together and demand answers and make this story front page news in all countries for as long as it takes....

The only offence he is facing is encroaching on state land. Yes it's a minor offence compared to trafficking in endangered and protected animals but if they went for the more serious charges that may tarnish Thailand's reputation and the tourist dollar is at stake. Water it down and keep the international community it in the dark

This story has been picked up by the international press, so expect the animal rights people to make a lot of noise. Who knows, it might get past tweeting and other displays of outrage.

If the international press have picked this up that guarantees a personal visit from the PM to try and steady the helm and pour cold water on negative comments.

He doesn't do much in the way of photo ops. OTOH the previous PM does, and is looking for tourist spots to visit. Give her a try.

Edited by halloween

The land encroachment charges are probably to ensure that Tiger Temple can never operate again.

OH come on MC----- you saying thats the only way to shut down the temple,It's more likely someone can see an opportunity to grab a very nicely situated piece of land -----thank you very muchclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Thanks but, I think most of the inhabitants of this forum already have enough experience of the place to not need a definition of oxymoron.

Er What?---------------------------------cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The land encroachment charges are probably to ensure that Tiger Temple can never operate again.

OH come on MC----- you saying thats the only way to shut down the temple,It's more likely someone can see an opportunity to grab a very nicely situated piece of land -----thank you very muchclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Come off it Blue! The current mob have been pretty hot on encroachment, has there been any suggestion that the encroached land seized has passed into other private hands?

Never mind what's just been uncovered here, but how long have certain people in power been allowing the actions of this temple to go on..?

Hard to go in to detail, but for as long, or probably not as long as the same cast of characters in power have been allowing for the prostitution, drugs, weapons (See Achaan Pasuk's book "Guns, Girls, Gambling, Ganja: Thailand's Illegal Economy and Public Policy) illegal logging, automobile smuggling, oil smuggling, slave labor, and the list goes on. Of course my all time favorite was when they found the wires leading from the lottery machines going under the rugs into the adjoining room. The illegal animal trade is one of the smaller venues for the elite to exploit.