Bangkok city council will probe spending on renovation of top officials’ offices

webfact

City council will probe spending on renovation of top officials’ offices

0806004-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The City Council will investigate a report that the city administration has spent about 16 million baht in the renovation of the offices of Governor M.R. Sukhumbhand Paribatra and other top administrators.

It was also reported that renovation work had started even before a bid was called to choose the constructor.

Mr Nirun Praditthakul, in his capacity as chairman of the City Council’s public works and planning committee, said Wednesday that he had recently sought information from the public works office on three issues: Was the dispensing of budget in accordance with budgetary regulations? Was the renovation work completed? Was the renovation for each office proper?

An informed source, meanwhile, said that certain city officials were responsible for proposing the renovation without the prior knowledge of the top administrators.

When asked by reporters about renovation controversy, not a single city official was willing to offer any information.

Earlier, Bangkok Governor M.R. Sukhumbhand said that the renovation work concerns offices of top administrators, including his office.

Auditor-General Phisit Leelawachiropat, meanwhile, said the OAG would coordinate with officials of the public works office to find out the truth about the controversy.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/city-council-will-probe-spending-renovation-top-officials-offices/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-09

Ask yourself if it was coming out of their own pockets would it be so lavish.

Isn't this what it all comes down to ?

My dear old wee maw used to say " it's easy to be careless with other people's money " and I suppose if you feel your untouchable and above it all it just gets worse,

Work started even before the process to choose a contractor.

That is because of the old brown envelope game, i give you the contract, you over inflate the costs, then we split the difference.

I get my new merc, you get your new mansion, then we live happily ever after.

Is he "one of the good people" and would never do something corrupt, it must be Thaksin or the reds.

16 million for renovations on a few offices, meanwhile NO water for the village I live in for six months.

Did this bloke sign off on the work?

Is your village in Bangkok? No! Then nothing to do with him. Look towards your village head and up!

Look at the schools: No money for a couple of RAM chips to upgrade some old PCs, but 200.000 THB for new furniture for the office of the dean of the school. If one marks tiny red dots on Thailands map, there where waste of public funds occurs, then Thailand would look like having the measles.