Supreme Court sentences two former TRT politicians to six years in prison for corruption

webfact

"Justice delayed is justice denied."

These cases that drag on for years are common, and a symptom of a judicial system ripe for political abuse.

In other news today, the NRSA is reporting on possible corruption in award of the duty free franchise at BKK. The NRSA has lost their way in the forest of reform needs, and somehow decided to focus on a single instance, rather than tackle systemic problems.

In this context, these arguments about "who is more corrupt", are probably just the distractions needed to perpetuate the system. When all else fails, just demonize the others.

These cases that drag on for years are common, and a symptom of a judicial system ripe for political abuse.

In other news today, the NRSA is reporting on possible corruption in award of the duty free franchise at BKK. The NRSA has lost their way in the forest of reform needs, and somehow decided to focus on a single instance, rather than tackle systemic problems.

In this context, these arguments about "who is more corrupt", are probably just the distractions needed to perpetuate the system. When all else fails, just demonize the others.

If you think the corruption at swampy was a 'single instance' you have no idea of what went on there.

If you think the corruption at swampy was a 'single instance' you have no idea of what went on there.

I did not say that. I said the NRSA has just publicized a single potential case.

In my view the NRSA should be sending model legislation to the NLA for an overhaul of the public procurement system. That is the type of big picture reform they seem to be studiously avoiding.

Hooray for all corrupt individuals that are convicted! Now, let's see it anyone from the other side of the political divide are offered the same consideration.

Come on "PM", holding my breath here!

I don't care what side they're from, what color shirt they wear or whose arse they kiss. Corrupt politicians and civil servants should be jailed.

This constant but, but, but is boring. Do them all and get the bloody court procedures speed up. These 2 probably thought they were safe as long as a Shin government was in power to protect them.

" I don't care what side they're from, what color shirt they wear or whose arse they kiss. Corrupt politicians and civil servants should be jailed."

No argument from me.

" This constant but, but, but is boring. Do them all and get the bloody court procedures speed up."

Again, no argument.

" These 2 probably thought they were safe as long as a Shin government was in power to protect them."

They WERE safe under the various Shin administrations, just as the likes of Suthep are perfectly safe under this junta.

It took 15 years to get these men in jail, but you expect the current criminals to be jailed immediately? Isn't that a tad unrealistic?

Wait your turn.

"It took 15 years to get these men in jail, but you expect the current criminals to be jailed immediately?"

I don't expect anything from the junta, that's kind of my point. The junta took power promising to battle corruption in Thailand and that's just not happening.

A lot of the schemes proposed to help the poorest in society and win votes are often found to be plagued with corruption .The 'Fat cats in power ' already wealthy always screw the poor people who voted them into office.The Marcus family in the Philippines and those now in exile from Thailand continue to have great public support despite evidence of graft

"It took 15 years to get these men in jail, but you expect the current criminals to be jailed immediately?"

I don't expect anything from the junta, that's kind of my point. The junta took power promising to battle corruption in Thailand and that's just not happening.

"Hooray for all corrupt individuals that are convicted!"

It seems you are getting more than you expect, but still asking for warp speed toward the impossible. How does the junta's battle against corruption compare to Yingluk's? You do realise that these 2, along with literally hundreds of others, would have had their crimes wiped by Yingluk's amnesty package?

It seems you are getting more than you expect, but still asking for warp speed toward the impossible. How does the junta's battle against corruption compare to Yingluk's? You do realise that these 2, along with literally hundreds of others, would have had their crimes wiped by Yingluk's amnesty package?

Yes, attempted amnesty, very unlike the junta who succeeded in granting themselves amnesty for all past, present and future crimes.

You're never more disingenuous than when you harp on about this - and that says a lot.

Yes, attempted amnesty, very unlike the junta who succeeded in granting themselves amnesty for all past, present and future crimes.

You're never more disingenuous than when you harp on about this - and that says a lot.

Time to change the subject, it would be inconvenient to admit more is being done to reduce corruption by the current government, while still claiming nothing is happening. Are you the monkey with his hands over his eyes?

Time to change the subject, it would be inconvenient to admit more is being done to reduce corruption by the current government, while still claiming nothing is happening. Are you the monkey with his hands over his eyes?

" Time to change the subject,..."

Yes, that's what you do every time you lose an argument. Especially when you bleet on about the attempted amnesty and get called on it.

" ...it would be inconvenient to admit more is being done to reduce corruption by the current government, while still claiming nothing is happening."

You're still living in your little fantasy world and it seems no amount of rational arguments will convince you to get your head out of your behind.

" Are you the monkey with his hands over his eyes?"

Interesting that you need to ask. I OTOH have no need to ask you what you are.

Edited by MZurf