Thai passport renewal service (UK)

Can anyone help me.

My wifes passport will be up at the start of next year and with no plans on going over to Thailand, I need to find out if the London Thai consulate are running any open days around the uk.

I have been in touch with the consulate, but they didn't seem to know anything about this service but i do know that 2 years ago they were running a service were they would take passport applications around the UK.

Living up on the border of Scotland means a long trip down to London and hoping that maybe Liverpool or Glasgow maybe a option.

Malc

i got this reply back from the embassy

Reference your enquiry please note that the Royal Thai Consulates in the UK do not issue Thai Visas.

A team from the London Embassy used to travel around the UK from time to time providing a Thai passport renewal service but we have no information about it.

Hi,

I'm based in Edinburgh and know some of my Thai friends renewed their passports on one of these days (which would have been about 2 years ago as well). I think it was done from the Thai temple in Edinburgh and they stayed for a couple of days .....I'm not sure if they still do them. I'll ask my friends them over the weekend and let you know.

Assuming you have to go to London we went about 6 weeks ago to renew our Son's passport and were in and out in under an hour including the biometrics, new passport received in under 4 weeks.

When you download the forms from the website they will tell you, you need to make an appointment, not sure why you still end up queuing the appointment seems to have no relevance.

That aside I thought the service has improved over the last couple of years and they have spent money improving the facilities and opening more desk's.

Hopefully you will be lucky and able to do it closer to home but I haven't read any blogs recently mentioning the service.

Reference your enquiry please note that the Royal Thai Consulates in the UK do not issue Thai Visas.

A team from the London Embassy used to travel around the UK from time to time providing a Thai passport renewal service but we have no information about it.

Uhh,? That's what consulates do.'Issue visas, the Thai one in Hull always did!

Uhh,? That's what consulates do.'Issue visas, the Thai one in Hull always did!

Maybe the OP got visa and passport confused,of course the Thai consulates issue visas but only when applied for in person,London embassy handles postal applications now.

I had many a tourist visa from Hull a few years back only ever took a couple of days as well.

The honorary consulate in Birmingham is now closed as well to keep things fresh.

• 3 weeks later...

For Info

Consular Section, Thai Royal Thai Embassy will hold the 4th Consular Mobile Services of 2016 at Thai Buddharam Temple, Aberdeen, Scotland during 16-17 July 2016. The services include passport application, birth registration and legalisation.