Super UP rear pickup bed cover

husky

I bought a Toyota Vigo a number of years ago. Not wanting to buy accessories at the dealer we went to a local shop in Pattaya that sold accessories, bed liner, bumper guard, etc. I also ended up buying a 'super up' brand rear lid. It is the type that has a switch in the cab to turn on or off and front and rear lifter buttons. I really like the cover, very convenient. The place we bought it was able to install it OK, and they always seemed to do OK on maintenance until recently.

After a number of years the lid kind of stopped working. The lifters would not lift it evenly and sometimes it got stuck. The place I bought it tested the motor, etc. Finally they said I needed to buy a front lifter mechanism (the lifters + motors). Price = 12,000. When I finally was ready to buy the part, it was now 16,000. I asked why the prices had gone up so much but the lady wouldn't engage in my question and just kept reiterating the price was 16,000. So I put down 8,000 as a deposit. About 10 days later they called and said the price was now 24,000 if I wanted the part. Since the new price is just over 30k, that seemed really excessive and I was not going to deal with them further. They did refund my 8,000 without any issues or problems.

I googled 'super up ไทย' to find the web site and checked their dealer list. In fact -- come to find out the place I had bought it from was not on their dealer list. Went to the local authorized dealer, Boy Air and Sound. Part, price = 10,000. They got it in one week and installed it. Also found the wires had been mis-installed, bent and stuff and had degraded from the original installation so replaced them. Super happy.

The original place returned my deposit without a problem and I always though they did a good job until this final go round. At least with the Super UP top be sure to check their web site and make sure you are dealing with a listed dealer. BTW: the prices for buying the new top are similar at the dealer vs non-dealer, but the non-dealer is not trained properly to maintain/service the top!