Single entry tourist visa.

Hi.

I will be coming to phuket for 6 months in October, but can only get a single entry tourist visa , due to

current visa changes.I therefore will have to leave after 3 months to obtain a new visa. My question is,

where so i go to get my new single entry tourist visa. ?. Any help will be much appreciated.

• The Thai Consulate in Penang, Malaysia is the closest.

You can also get one from the Embassies/Consulates in Cambodia, Myanmar, Vietnam or Laos.

Penang, Malaysia or the Embassy in Vientiane or Consulate in Savannakhet, Laos are recommended.

You could go to any of the surrounding countries to get another 60 day extendable visa or depending on how long you want to stay and which country you come from you could just cross an international border either on foot or by air and then return without a visa for a visa exempt entry.

The Thai government / Tourist authority of Thailand are sending out a message here, they appear to only want tourists to stay for a maximum of 90 days unless you can get the METV.

If for whatever reason you can't get this METV then perhaps you should consider staying for only 90 days and then going home. If they don't make you feel welcome then why jump through their hoops.

You could go to any of the surrounding countries to get another 60 day extendable visa or depending on how long you want to stay and which country you come from you could just cross an international border either on foot or by air and then return without a visa for a visa exempt entry.

The Thai government / Tourist authority of Thailand are sending out a message here, they appear to only want tourists to stay for a maximum of 90 days unless you can get the METV.

If for whatever reason you can't get this METV then perhaps you should consider staying for only 90 days and then going home. If they don't make you feel welcome then why jump through their hoops.

There is currently no problem getting several SETV's from Thai Embassies/Consulates in neighbouring countries. The OP will have no problem getting a second SETV to cover the 6 months stay as long as they are not from one of the prohibited countries.

Hi

Is there a definitive list yet of 60-Day SETV friendly countries and embassies/consulates in surrounding countries?

Thanks.

No, but Vientiane or Savannakhet in Laos or Penang in Maylasia would be top of the friendly list.

Hi

Is there a definitive list yet of 60-Day SETV friendly countries and embassies/consulates in surrounding countries?

Thanks.

No, but Vientiane or Savannakhet in Laos or Penang in Maylasia would be top of the friendly list.
Where would Bali fit in the theoretical list?

Hi

Thanks.

Low down. They want flight bookings, bank statements (proof of funds) and hotel bookings.

Hi

Thanks.

Low down. They want flight bookings, bank statements (proof of funds) and hotel bookings.
Thinking of going there for 2nd SETV, I'll have a flight out of Thailand 85 days later, bank statement ok, hotel invoice ok, so the question is, is a flight 85 days later out of Thailand acceptable? ( i.e.60 days plus 30 day extension) or does it need to be within 60?

If Penang is OK, is it safe to assume that Kuala Lumpur is fine too?

As I will be flying and making a week trip of it, I might as well try and visit somewhere I want to see and haven't been yet.

I'd actually really like to visit Manila - has anyone had 60-Day SETV success from Manila?

Thanks.

If Penang is OK, is it safe to assume that Kuala Lumpur is fine too?

As I will be flying and making a week trip of it, I might as well try and visit somewhere I want to see and haven't been yet.

I'd actually really like to visit Manila - has anyone had 60-Day SETV success from Manila?

Thanks.

No, KL is one of the last places to apply.

No idea about Manila.

I got a 60 day SETV in Manila in April. US passport with 2 previous Tourist Visas from Laos, an ED Visa, and Marriage Extensions. My first time in Manila.

The four key documents aside from the application form and money are

1. Air Ticket into Thailand

2. Air Ticket out of Thailand within your 60 day stay

3. My condo rental contract (Equivalent would be a hotel reservation)

4. Bank Statement ( Mine showed well over $10,000 US. Don't know what specific amount is required but obviously the more, the better.)

It takes 2 days to process. Consulate is in Makati which is a good area of Manila.

Also when I applied, about 15 other people - 95% Filipinos. Not a very busy place.

I am heading to Yangon next month to get another SETV. Making the SE Asia Thai Visa tour until I turn 50 next year and this Visa madness finally ends for me.

I got a 60 day SETV in Manila in April. ..

I am heading to Yangon next month to get another SETV. Making the SE Asia Thai Visa tour until I turn 50 next year and this Visa madness finally ends for me.

Good info to know on Manilla - thank you.

Please report back on how things go in Yangon next month. Sometimes we see reports on the less-traveled consulates, but if it is their 1st or 2nd Visa in that passport, this is not fully testing the waters. With the visa-history in your passport, this will be a good test of the current friendliness there.

I am about a year younger than you are, and having the rather odd feeling of "looking forward" to turning 50, just so this hopping about can end. I'd much rather spend the funds and time traveling "within" Thailand.