Renewing Retirement Extension

Hi everyone,

Apologies as I'm sure this has been asked before but I cannot find a recent response. My current 'extension of stay based on retirement' (Retirement Visa) expires on 19th July.

When is the best time to visit Immigration with the necessary paperwork seeking renewal? Can I go now and have the visa extended from 19th July? Do any bank letters confirming bank accounts have to issued within a certain number of days before renewal date?

Thanks for all useful information and advice.

You can do it 30 days before, in theory, letter from the bank uually the day before and book updated on the day with copies of the book main page and latest page

Edited by thai3

Some offices allow applications up to 45 days early. The new one will start from the date your current extension ends.

How early you can get the bank bank letter depends upon where you apply for the extension.

There are reports that Jomtien will accept applications within the last 45 days.

I have tried 45 days at Jomtien for several years now - no- 30 days.. They may consider it I suppose for a reason but I would plan on 30. Will now await the I did brigade.!