Thailand to attract foreign investors to Food Innopolis project

webfact

Thailand to attract foreign investors to Food Innopolis project

BANGKOK, 15 June 2016 (NNT) - Thailand has planned to attract foreign investors to the Food Innopolis project with hopes of becoming a research and innovation center for world food industry.

Science and Technology Minister Pichet Durongkhaweroj disclosed that entrepreneurs from 17 private companies have occupied areas in Thailand Science Park in preparation for the establishment of the research and innovation center.

Activities have been organized to attract foreign investors to the Food Innopolis project while the Ministry of Science and Technology has come up with more attractive packages to lure investors such as tax incentives for researchers, easier work permits for foreign workers as well as financial and technical support.

The government hopes to use the project to turn Thailand into a global hub for food innovation in the future.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-06-15 footer_n.gif

"Thailand has planned to attract foreign investors to"...

Thailand will NOT attract significant investors with the present Foreign Business Act. They can stand on their heads, do hoolahoops, throw in some hookers, anything, but foreign companies will NOT invest under present conditions.

How incredibly ignorant can the sods be that they think .. "tax incentives for researchers, easier work permits for foreign workers as well as financial and technical support"... will persuade people to throw away their investments. Thais did not invent cures for Ebola, Cancer or Stupidity.

Is it me or are there more stories about Thailand trying to attract foreign investment.

I'm with the poster before. You won't attract foreign investment with 'your' win-win rules and regulations. That's not how businesses work. Foreigners (according to Thai history) never colonised Thailand. Foreigners owe Thailand nothing.

In Thailand you might be able to have your cake and eat it; but you can't do that with foreigners. My brother works in Colombia. His company did everything for him for his visa. He now has an ID card that expires every 5 years. When I told him about Thailand's work permit system, he called it xenophobic and draconian.

Thailand, you could always start with changing the rules slowly. Here's the first idea for free: make sure the foreign investors here feel welcome. Build from there.

with more attractive packages to "lure" investors such as tax incentives for researchers, easier work permits for foreign workers as well as financial and technical support.

You didn't read article Lure was used Bad on you.

Thailand will NOT attract significant investors with the present Foreign Business Act. They can stand on their heads, do hoolahoops, throw in some hookers, anything, but foreign companies will NOT invest under present conditions.

How incredibly ignorant can the sods be that they think .. "tax incentives for researchers, easier work permits for foreign workers as well as financial and technical support"... will persuade people to throw away their investments. Thais did not invent cures for Ebola, Cancer or Stupidity.

Yes they did event the cures, the Junta said so. They weren't crowned the medical hub for nothing. The only problem is Somchia has misplaced the cures.

Makes you wonder , they can close down gold mines, tomorrow R & D

Look, dreams are not news! No one is going to invest here under the present conditions. Thais don't have the education and experience to make major moves like this. I know of none of these types of initiatives to be successful to date? They consistently make themselves look foolish. But, I think we are the only ones who even bother reading this stuff because Thai people simply disregard it as BS.

Ministry of Science and Technology has come up with more attractive packages to lure investors

I wonder if the use of rohypnol was ever considered.

It may be a bit expensive, but cocaine is a good bonus.