Road rage: Crazy cabbie jumps on farang's car like he’s freaking Tony Jaa

snoop1130

Wow....that could have endedin a farang beatdown....lucky farang

The foreigner was aware that everything was caught on film. The risk he took other than putting his foot in front of the wheel of the car was calculated. Had the driver gone any further and assaulted him with a car he would in most countries be held liable for assault with a deadly weapon. The days are gone when taxis would run over a foreigner and take off with little fear of repercussions.

The internet is leading to greater amounts of accountability for actions in modern Thailand and this is a good thing. Everything is on camera now and it eliminates a lot of excuses and outright lies.

The sad thing is, if this happened in my home country I would be absolutely shocked.

Everybody would.

the driver would have his taxi license revoked for life, and likely face criminal charges. It would be national news.

Here it is just, oh, lucky the farang wasn't hacked up with a samurai sword like the American on sukhumvit.

coffee1.gif

the modern 21st century has just come too fast for their society and culture. Vehicles and roads came too fast for a society built on centuries of buffalo and carts and rice paddies. sad.png

Kee kwai dee kwa.

Best they stick to driving buffaloes, the buffaloes are actually smarter then them, throw some good ole face into the equation and its a recipe for disater.

2 generations removed from the Paddy Fields and this is the result. Man samong ai kwai.

Well the way i seen it, was that the taxi driver left his vehicle in the middle of the road & came back holding a child whilst the falang had to wait along with others.

So the falang beeped his horn trying to alert the taxi driver (who knows how long he would of been ) that he is holding up traffic by being in the middle of the road (the falangs car was probably that low he diddnt want to drive in the gutter - not that he should of had to if the taxi driver had some manners).

So when taxi driver appeared he didnt like the falangs comment & kicked his door with child in hand & was trying to abscond (falang probably wanted police to attend) so taxi driver got upset again & jumped on his bonnet.

Thats when the real argument started & i also noticed the bikies started to surround him ( especially the one in the orange vest)

Falang took photos for evidence & was no doubt standing in front of him telling him to stay until police came but taxi driver wasnt having a bar of it

Then the locals jumped in telling the falang to move car so traffic could flow which gave the taxi driver the chance for a get away

Lucky he wasnt jumped on by the looks of the people that stopped on the bikes but i guess his good thai speaking & calmness saved that

Such a simple incident prompted this reaction? I know taxi drivers can sometimes get quite erate, but if anyone doesn't already know after spending just one day on Thailand's roads, it's dog eat dog here. Thai drivers take no prisoners and as a driver on Thailand's roads, neither do I. Cutting other drivers off is perfectly normal. I don't get upset by it because it happens to me nearly everyday. Similarly, I occasionally have to cut off other vehicles too. In this case, one driver went before the other. No one knows who should have gone first because there is nothing in Thai traffic law that covers this situation. Even if there was, it wouldn't matter because it's Thailand. There are no road rules here.

Says it all.

We didn't see the start of the incident, perhaps the White Car should have let the taxi turn in front of him, for the sake of politeness. BUT, that doesn't mean the Taxi had right of way.

My guess is that the cars on the falang's side were queueing, and he could have left a gap ahead of him while stationary, but didn't.

The taxi was crossing a continuous yellow line on the road so he was not supposed to turn there and the farang did not have to leave a gap.

Road rage involving guns is quite common in Thailand so it is fortunate this event did not escalate in that direction. Several years ago we walked out of the old Carrefour store on the super highway in Chiang Mai to hear the pops of pistol fire as two drivers battled it out. Guns are everywhere in this country so it pays to learn how to break the chain of violence.

Well the way i seen it, was that the taxi driver left his vehicle in the middle of the road & came back holding a child whilst the falang had to wait along with others.

So the falang beeped his horn trying to alert the taxi driver (who knows how long he would of been ) that he is holding up traffic by being in the middle of the road (the falangs car was probably that low he diddnt want to drive in the gutter - not that he should of had to if the taxi driver had some manners).

So when taxi driver appeared he didnt like the falangs comment & kicked his door with child in hand & was trying to abscond (falang probably wanted police to attend) so taxi driver got upset again & jumped on his bonnet.

Thats when the real argument started & i also noticed the bikies started to surround him ( especially the one in the orange vest)

Falang took photos for evidence & was no doubt standing in front of him telling him to stay until police came but taxi driver wasnt having a bar of it

Then the locals jumped in telling the falang to move car so traffic could flow which gave the taxi driver the chance for a get away

Lucky he wasnt jumped on by the looks of the people that stopped on the bikes but i guess his good thai speaking & calmness saved that

Clearly your Thai isn't good enough - the only things I heard being said in the video was the guy filming explaining to another guy wearing an orange vest what was going on. Nobody told the westerner to move his vehicle after all that had happened. I also noticed the westerner's Thai wasn't very good - sounded more like he was speaking English.

To me it appeared like one taxi blocked the farang's car while the other taxi with the crazy driver was stopped next to him, meaning there wasn't really any way of escaping. I would have liked to have seen what happened before all this occurred but without any eyewitnesses here all we can do is speculate.

This happens all over the world

I've never seen it happen in my home country, or any other country I've lived in.

But the general populace in those countries are quite civil and not bordering on the violent-psychotic due to the society and culture. There is also a basic sense of duty of care and responsibility, and actual professional standards to live up to.

Unfortunately it makes those countries a bit boring, unlike angry, psycho Thailand. biggrin.png

Hooray for Thais and their never boring, pyscho-behaviour. thumbsup.gif

This happens all over the world

I've never seen it happen in my home country, or any other country I've lived in.

But the general populace in those countries are quite civil and not bordering on the violent-psychotic due to the society and culture. There is also a basic sense of duty of care and responsibility, and actual professional standards to live up to.

Unfortunately it makes those countries a bit boring, unlike angry, psycho Thailand. biggrin.png

Hooray for Thais and their never boring, pyscho-behaviour. thumbsup.gif

I've seen a lot more bizarre road rage stunts in western countries than in Thailand. In countries like Australia, if you so much as accidentally cut someone off in traffic be prepared for the other driver to blast their horn at you, shout some abuse and give you the bird. At the very least.

I suggest you go to YouTube and search something like "road rage incidents Australia".

Road rage in Thailand is quite rare despite bad driving standards - I wish I could have seen what happened to prompt this whole incident. Personally, after hundreds of thousands of km clocked up in 14 years of driving here I've never once been at the receiving end of a road rage incident. I've also only ever seen one incident, where a truck had smashed into a pickup truck driver in heavy traffic, prompting the pickup driver to try to forcefully open the door of the truck driver's cab. 2 years of living in the States and I was at the receiving end of 2 road rage incidents (abuse hurled my way) and numerous times in Australia.

Angry and even violent outbursts, mostly against authority are very common in China. Google "China airport incidents" and see what you come up with. I have never once heard of a Thai abusing an airport worker, but it happens regularly in China. The authorities over there rarely seem to react until the aftermath.

Great that someone shot this video, else it was the Farangs words against the Taxi drivers word, and guess who would have to pay up whistling.gif

Edit: Hoping the Foreigner got a copy of the Video to show the BiB (but I guess so as he was pointing at the "Camera' Guy a couple of times.)

Not to mention his own dashcam footage or any available footage from fixed cameras or 3rd party dashcams.

Standing in front of a car when the driver is clearly irate has to be one of most idiotic things i've seen in a while, then tops it off by putting his foot in front of the wheel when the driver wouldn't be able to see it. All over a minor traffic issue.

If you get out your car over such a small issue its clear you're looking for a fight and if you get a hiding its deserved.

The guy vandalized the car.

Yeah when a drunk driver nearly killed my ex getting out of the car and smashed the whole side up, we were obviously idiots for doing exactly the same.

Farang was unimaginably jaiyen. Taxi driver is a typical representative of some of the lowest and dangerous forms of drivers or security guards sitting near your condo door looking at you as if you forgot to return him his 1000 usd

Edited by Hammock

Farang showed remarkable restraint when I'm sure he would have loved to knock that POS the @&*% out.

Of course, such restraint is obviously prudent when any number of onlookers are just itching to back the taxi driver's play - right or wrong.