Billboard advising against Buddha tattoos....at CNX.

KhonKaenKowboy

Interesting opinion, there are plenty people as well as wood carvers Tshirt vendors and tat artistst that may have a different opinion

maybe the future will see draw buddha as well as draw mohamed day.

Edited by daoyai

What a waste of money and what a load of crap.

There's been one near Suwannaphumi for ages now on the Lat Krabang section ot the highway as you head into BKK. Totally the wrong place IMO. Heading to Pattaya from Suwannaphumi where people get this crap done mostly would be a far better location.

The stuffed shirt who paid for this crap is probably in a meltdown of self importance and 'Holiness/Thainess'. However it it totally misdirected. He needs to make them in Thai and direct them at the Thai Sangha to get them to maybe 'respect the teachings of the Buddha'.....and stop abusing the the religion......They do far more harm to the religion than a few tourists getting tattoos.....

The sign is sponsored by a group called 5000s.org their website will tell you all about them. The basic takeaway is that they are the ones to decide what and how buddha images should be displayed. One bit of irony is they object to buddha image postcards yet they have their own buddha postcards for sale. They are active in trying to control the use of images in other countries also as well as internet content and movies.

They contend that bad financial luck will happen to those not complying with their wishes and even give examples. Religion. whistling.gif

Edited by daoyai

The sign says nothing about legal or illegal.

If it was illegal they would have posted it.

I doubt they check that one at the airport very often.I believe that it is not legal to take a Buddha carving out of Thailand. How ever if you are exporting them for sale it is legal. Go figure.

In America I was shocked to see picture of a very famous seated Buddha installed as decoration, in a mens restroom.

Was the restroom clean?

On the website they show examples of buddha on a toilet seat cover, available from a shop in Germany very bad taste indeed.

Simply having icons of the Buddha goes completely against his teachings, but that seems to have been conveniently 'missed' by what constitutes Buddhism in most of its forms today.

Yeah, I was curious what the actual Buddha's thoughts on the subject were. So he was against idolatry.

Simply having icons of the Buddha goes completely against his teachings, but that seems to have been conveniently 'missed' by what constitutes Buddhism in most of its forms today.

Yeah, I was curious what the actual Buddha's thoughts on the subject were. So he was against idolatry.

But probably ok with home decor.