Ford Ecosport

Poor seller in Europe they have done a big facelift there lower suspension, better steering, spare moved from back door etc have they done this in Thailand?

I saw one today with the spare removed from the back, looked much better. Quite cheaply made from what I heard, lots of plastic.

I drove one as a rental for a week last year, a 1.5L petrol. I didn't like it, underpowered on anything but flat roads, handling wasn't the greatest.

A concern with Ford in Thailand is service. Read old Ford topics on this forum...

If there is a Mazda dealer near your Ford dealer then take a CX-3 for a test drive and see what you think.

Hi There/.

There are a lot of Ford Haters on this website! are u buying a SUV for you? or readers of this site?

Practically the Ecosport is a good small size SUV (value for money wise) 800k - HRV, CX3 cost alot more money over 1 million etc.

We all want a brand new shinny car on our drive - that's going to depreciate like anything nowadays - but the Ecosport no worse than others (in Thailand) second hand value better than most Countries!. But you buy a SUV/CAR to use and worry about values later? (unless you want to buy a new car every year?)

Well i have had mine for nearly 2 years (next month). didn't go for Titanium model (didn't suit me) don't like alloys, sunroof, etc. I bought a Trend model (with upgrade leather seats) and other extras. It is big enough for us and our small family!

I like the higher driving position better than my vois before and it handles ok, driving wise (remember it is not a sports car?) its an SUV!

So far my Ford experiance has been great here in Thailand (depends on dealership?) mine here in Bangkae is very good! and nothing is to much trouble when i require service from them. (I have herd some dealers not so good?)

Seats to small not noticed? big enough for us? - engine size ok with 6 speed auto gearbox - good mpg? seems ok (quicker than my vois before, by far).

Price wise - under 800k for a new Suv i think good value? - I don't want to change up for a few years more this time? just to sit on my drive (i don't drive that many kilos now each year) But a nice luxury to have when i want to go out/drive - without using taxis anymore. But is reliable and will start up when i turn the key!

I don't want a bigger SUV (Everest) Fortuner, etc to big drive around? this medium models suits my needs in all.

So would i buy a Ford again yes! - if i wanted to upgrade to a newer SUV? but at present the Ecosport has been a great SUV in my experience so far!

Buy what model SUV, Car that suits you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not what others tell you? (everything is bad) in some way or other?

ops: forgot? Why is Ford number 1 car seller in the UK? still they must do something right?

Best of luck?

Ford Europe run an SQA System that has an SQA Manager present, just like approved suppliers must have. They dont here for some reason.Cars are O.K. just the hit n miss sloppy attitude Ford display here. I.E. Brilliant in Bkk,Crap in Nakasanowhere, inconsistant compared to Proton or Kia.

Bought one of them recently. So here's 2 satang.

I previously own a eco Sedan from a red diamonds and when looking for a new car, I wanted something with a higher driving position with the ability to go through the B roads whenever I want to. (Not looking to do off-roading obviously).

We looked around and found the Eco-sport to be one of the cheapest, if not cheapest, Compact SUV. I've heard good things about Ford Chassis so have my sight set on the Eco-Sport.

Took a test drive and it was great, while I agree the 1.5l engine is a dismay compared to what the English are getting (the option to go for the Diesel and 1.0l EcoBoost that outputs more HP than the current 1.5l), and it was indeed slow to move off from start, but once the wheel hits 20kph, going any higher is an easy task for this nimble car.

The handling is expected for a car that shares the same platform as the Ford Fiesta, Mazda 2 and even the CX3 but with the higher ground clearance. So do expect the car to roll a little if you try to be too sporty with it. The handling is sharp for me though but I consider the power steering a tad too heavy for someone coming from an Eco-car.

While Ford Thailand claims the car can do 15.6km/l, in real life, you will be closer to 12 or 13km/l due to the slow acceleration that you get from the car. You would have no choice but to press the pedal harder to get up to speed faster. Doing so will of course hurt your fuel economy. The car seems to be able to handle speeds of about 110kph very efficiently with the meter claiming 20km/l. But you better hope that nothing cuts your lane otherwise good luck keeping that figure out. The 2016 Ecosport can also now take E85, while it means burning slightly more fuel than say E20, but the price difference is pretty good.. Do that note of the engine option when buying your Ecosport since some dealer may try to get you to buy the last generation E20 model to clear their inventory.

I personally recommend the Trend Trim as it comes with everything you need for a very good price. The top of the range titanium cost a wopping THB 844k and will only add leather seats(Which I hate), Push Start (Not sure about it being reliable or not), sun roof (A very small one), Ford Sync Integrated reverse sensor (The car is short enough), automatic climate control (1 2 3 4 works fine for me). And that's it.

One last thing before I end this "obviously more than 2 satang post". Do note where do you park the car often, because somehow Ford Thailand do not think we deserve the top opening rear door. Over here, we still get that big spare wheel at the back and the door that opens to the left... even though, having it open to the right would have made much more sense..

Let me know if you want more information!

Ford Europe run an SQA System that has an SQA Manager present, just like approved suppliers must have. They dont here for some reason.Cars are O.K. just the hit n miss sloppy attitude Ford display here. I.E. Brilliant in Bkk,Crap in Nakasanowhere, inconsistant compared to Proton or Kia.

My dealer in Samut Prakarn is really one of a kind.. Long story short, Imma have to call Ford Thailand and make some noise..

One last thing before I end this "obviously more than 2 satang post". Do note where do you park the car often, because somehow Ford Thailand do not think we deserve the top opening rear door. Over here, we still get that big spare wheel at the back and the door that opens to the left... even though, having it open to the right would have made much more sense..

I'd forgotten about the tailgate. It's gets annoying having to always walk around it in a tight parking spot when carrying stuff. I think it opens on that side for safety reasons, because when parallel parked some people would blindly walk around it and straight in to traffic.

I'd forgotten about the tailgate. It's gets annoying having to always walk around it in a tight parking spot when carrying stuff. I think it opens on that side for safety reasons, because when parallel parked some people would blindly walk around it and straight in to traffic.

But it also opens to the left in Brazil even though they drive on the LEFT!

I'm getting used to it already.. By parking it with my mirror aligned to the car on my side.. That gives a lot of clearance to open the back with ease..

I like how the seat folds though.. If I'm traveling with the missy, the space I get is HUGE for the price that I pay..

Hi

I had an Ecosport Titanium in Pattaya for 2 years.

It was ok around town, had no real issues with it and good specification.

Boot is a little on the small side and on a run the engine is a bit under powered.

However, it got 3 adults and two children to Koh Chang over the hills and back.

Ford Dealership in Pattaya is terrible service.

Resale took a bit of a hammering cost new about 830K ish, 450K trade in.

Just changed it for a Subaru XV 2016 model which i am very happy with the new car.

Hi

Boot is a little on the small side and on a run the engine is a bit under powered.

Just changed it for a Subaru XV 2016 model which i am very happy with the new car.

.. At last a fair report about a Ford here...

Hi

The second hand car market is going down for every brand now.. thanks to the "incentive" for people to get their first car.

within the next 2 years when the sale restriction is lifted, I presume the market will be flooded with second hand cars.. that nobody wants.

is there a Blue Book of values published here (for Ins. adjusters and second hand dealers) ?

There are two:

http://www.thanachartbluebook.com/search.asp

http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/th/index.php?lang=en&

But they're not as reflective of actual used prices as they used to be, so make sure you also research current prices on one2car and taladrod: http://www.taladrod.com/w30/iCar/SchMktPrcMK.aspx?mk=0&md=0

The key word there is "trade in" - nowadays everyone wants to make 150K Baht profit on trade-ins - the only way to get a decent price is to sell yourself.

But it also opens to the left in Brazil even though they drive on the LEFT!

I'm getting used to it already.. By parking it with my mirror aligned to the car on my side.. That gives a lot of clearance to open the back with ease..

I like how the seat folds though.. If I'm traveling with the missy, the space I get is HUGE for the price that I pay..

It's an ok car but for me restricted to city or 'not long journeys'.

SWMBO bought one last year and so far no problems have cropped up, now I've said that wait for the shouldn't have said that post from me.

It's an OK 'the public will buy this' type of pretend SUV.

She likes it because she is aware of where all the corners are.