What satellite can I use?

petedk

Having read that CTH will probably lose their broadcasting license, I would like to know what alternatives there are.

I have the red (True) satellite dish so I would like to know what decoders would be available to me and what channels (or providers) I could receive.

I live in Bangkok (Mid Sukhmvit area)

Free to air channels can be seen using True dish or C-band antennas but for English language/pay a subscription to a service like True would be required. Believe True is the only Thai alternative - but several adjoining countries can often be received with there equipment/subscription. IPTV is likely the future, as high speed internet becomes more available.

Been thinking along the same lines as the OP.

Looked at True, but can't seem to find a simple list of channels for their various packages, NOR price per package - which is also important.

Actually, the wife is really only interested in Star World, but that's like finding a needle in a haystack among the suppliers and packages available.

Whatever, anything BUT CTH.....bah.gif

Looked at True, but can't seem to find a simple list of channels for their various packages, NOR price per package - which is also important.

Look here:

http://truevisionsgroup.truecorp.co.th/packages?ln=en

Thanks.

This was the site I'd already looked at. On one package page I opened, an enormous popup suddenly appeared, blocking out the background -and which I couldn't close again.

Whatever, I couldn't find the PRICES for the packages, either. I expect they're there, somewhere - but trying to find them just ain't easy. The website seems to be a maze of links that often just lead back to the same original page once again. Gave up in the end..... blink.png

Have a look at http://www.lyngsat.com/ they list all satelites around the world. You will find what is available in Thailand

Thanks

I regularly use lyngsat for other purposes. They don't show whatever providers and packages are available - just who or what is occupying which transponder.

For example TRUE occupy several transponder frequencies, but there's absolutely no list of which channels they have........

Have a look at http://www.lyngsat.com/ they list all satelites around the world. You will find what is available in Thailand

Thanks

I regularly use lyngsat for other purposes. They don't show whatever providers and packages are available - just who or what is occupying which transponder.

For example TRUE occupy several transponder frequencies, but there's absolutely no list of which channels they have........

Lyngsat does show packages available. On the very first page near the top you have a choice of clicking on satellies, packages or HD.

Clicking on packages in the Asia section gives a whole list of providers including Truevisions and CTH.

Clicking on the provider then shows the package contents.

CTH on Viasat includes Star World Asia according to Lyngsat

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/CTH.html

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/TrueVisions.html

Edited by nahkit

I don't understand about CTH? They are losing their broadcasting license? CTH is going going out of business because they have cheated so many subscribers? Please explain what is going on with CTH? No more CTH as a company?

Thanks

Lyngsat does show packages available. On the very first page near the top you have a choice of clicking on satellies, packages or HD.

Clicking on packages in the Asia section gives a whole list of providers including Truevisions and CTH.

Clicking on the provider then shows the package contents.

CTH on Viasat includes Star World Asia according to Lyngsat

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/CTH.html

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/TrueVisions.html

Heh! Thanks - my bad!

Been using lyngsat for years - never stray out of my set webpages and ain't visited the main page in.........ages. Ain't that just something!

I'll have to take a closer look.

Thank again - much appreciated. thumbsup.gif

If you have good internet have a look at ilikehd.com, thai based service that has a great variety. I use it on my ipad with 3g / 4g service plugged into my tv. A little heavy on mobile bandwidth but imagine it would be very good on adsl etc.

Thanks.

We live out in the wilds - lucky if we can get 2 MB, and it's usually a lot slower than that. So no, we don't have good internet. If and when we get faster internet, then I doubt we'll continue to even think about sat-tv at all - it's old hat.

Personally, I don't watch tv - but the wife likes her Thai crapolas with a dose of Star World on top. Keeps her happy while I'm doing my own stuff on the pc or whatever.

Cheers

Any idea what the different packages cost - or where to look?

Platinum: 2,155.15

Gold: 1,568.12

Super Family: 899

Sports Family: 590

Smart Family: 490

Happy Family: 299

TBH per month.

Hope this helps.....

Any idea what the different packages cost - or where to look?

Platinum: 2,155.15

Gold: 1,568.12

Super Family: 899

Sports Family: 590

Smart Family: 490

Happy Family: 299

TBH per month.

Hope this helps.....

Most certainly it does - thanks! I see True advertised all over the place, but (as yet) haven't actually seen the prices for their packages. Seems a bit strange to promote your services without mentioning what they cost - but then again, TIT!

Cheers

Much appreciated! thumbsup.gif

I don't understand about CTH? They are losing their broadcasting license? CTH is going going out of business because they have cheated so many subscribers? Please explain what is going on with CTH? No more CTH as a company?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/925121-cth-terminating-KU-service

cth terminating KU service

Their long term future doesn't look good.

Edited by Linesy

Actually, the wife is really only interested in Star World, but that's like finding a needle in a haystack among the suppliers and packages available.

If you have decent internet there is an Android app on the Google play store called Thailand TV - many channels including Star World and no fee, have to put up with some adverts though.

Thanks for all the information.

I have TrueVisions on cable and CTH via satellite.

The CTH is in the bedroom and was lust wondering if I could buy a cheap box and use the satellite dish to pick up some free to view channels.

Does Lyngsat have a shop anywhere? Are there other companies selling satellite equipment?

I would like to go and take a look to see what is available.

If you have decent internet there is an Android app on the Google play store called Thailand TV - many channels including Star World and no fee, have to put up with some adverts though.

Heh! Just noticed this one - thanks.

Took a look in the play store - there are several (too many for me) apps called "Thailand TV" - four of them on the first page alone, when I looked..

Which exact one were you referring to? The developer's name would be a great hint/help.

Thanks

Heh! Just noticed this one - thanks.

Took a look in the play store - there are several (too many for me) apps called "Thailand TV" - four of them on the first page alone, when I looked..

Which exact one were you referring to? The developer's name would be a great hint/help.

Thanks

TV channels Thailand online

dev: smartphone khang..... They changed the name

Edited by Linesy