Chiang Mai School Bus Drivers Must Now Register by July 31

webfact

School Bus Drivers Must Now Register by July 31

school-bus-drivers.jpg

CityNews – After an increase of accidents involving school buses in Chiang Mai, the Chiang Mai Provincial Land Transport Office have declared that all drivers must be registered and their buses checked for safety by July 31 or risk arrest if caught after that date.

The decision was made under the Safety Project meeting on June 17. The meeting focused on road safety control, safe driving techniques, care of school children on the road, and rules for school bus drivers.

Between now and July 31, 2016, buss drivers will be able to register with the Land Transport Office and will be issued with an official ‘school bus’ sticker for their truck or bus.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/school-bus-drivers-must-now-register-july-31/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2016-06-20

So if they are now told to register it begs the question why on earth weren't school bus drivers registered before?

Is it because there was no need or is it because there was such a requirement but that nobody have a <deleted> as to whether the regulation was enforced?

It won't achieve anything, more hot air from another Thai official wanting to be noticed and his photo in the media.

It wont stop them from driving when on drugs and alcohol,

It won't stop them from running away from the scene of an accident,

It wont stop them from overtaking on the left hand side at a rate of knots etc...coffee1.gif

If you will notice, the meeting they HAD, without any drivers, talked about safe driving techniques, etc ...but now all they have to do, is pay something, get a sticker ...go on with life as before ...

that will improve things how??

The fact that they have a "sticker" might actually give them a feeling of authority and ownership of the road, when they speed by flashing their lights, ramming you off the lane/road ...I'd be expecting worse driving and more rage.

So if they are now told to register it begs the question why on earth weren't school bus drivers registered before?

Is it because there was no need or is it because there was such a requirement but that nobody have a <deleted> as to whether the regulation was enforced?

This would have been Against Corruption,,,,,,Now they are Trying to curb this a Bit,,,,,

It won't achieve anything, more hot air from another Thai official wanting to be noticed and his photo in the media.

It wont stop them from overtaking on the left hand side at a rate of knots etc...coffee1.gif

I have a friend in Australia who is a bus driver: he can't accept a glass of wine the night before he starts work, as the drivers all have a breathalyser test.

Wonder how that would work here??

I have a friend in Australia who is a bus driver: he can't accept a glass of wine the night before he starts work, as the drivers all have a breathalyser test.

They also need to have a full medical and psychiatric tests every two years

They also need to have a full medical and psychiatric tests every two years

Does patient have pulse, checks pulse - medical passed;

Is patient mad. Well, are you mad, no I'm not - psychiatric tests passed;

Off you go killer, give 'em h*ll.

It wouldnt work here. When I was in PNG if you had a vehicle you were tested morning and evening for alcohol and you had to attend random drug testing that was conducted by the company. Fail and it was a one way ticket home.

It wouldnt work here. When I was in PNG if you had a vehicle you were tested morning and evening for alcohol and you had to attend random drug testing that was conducted by the company. Fail and it was a one way ticket home.

em nau!

You mean they weren't registered! What! They don't have a commercial driving license! Do they even have a license? How was it obtained by the way? With 500 Baht payment like in Isan. The guy in the picture looks very competent! In Isan if the bus is full that's no problem just put the kids on the roof. Safety checks, well in most normal countries a school bus is safety inspected every morning by the driver. He checks tires, lights, emergency exits, seats, windshield wipers, air brakes. Brakes are checked in a way that there is almost no chance that the brakes will fail in the trip. If they are about to fail, alarms will go off and give the driver time and enough air brake pressure to stop. Oh I forgot, we're talking about Thailand, sorry........they just don't care..much