Meat slicer

Berty100

For the young one I like to cook chicken breast, then slice it for between the sandwich, and he loves it. Also much better, and cheaper, than the sliced chicken meat you buy at the supermarket.

The problem is that slicing it using an ordinary kitchen knife, produces thick and uneven slices.

Is there some tool, economic in price of course, available that would make it an easier job to make thinner and even sized slices

Dont slice straight down. Hold the knife at an oblique angle and use the back of a fork to stablize the chicken.....get yourself a very sharp knife. Pick up a disposable ceramic one at Big C .....I can slice meat and make it paper thin this way. just a little practice.

Uneven slices of chicken ?

Wow what a world you must live in if thats a cause of concern.

use a "decent" kitchen knife, I am sure your little one can tolerate the minor differences.......jeees!

He just wants to know where to find it, your quite helpful.

I can imagine you in your Black Ops career being worried a lot about not slicing a throat evenly, and now on your bar stool worry about how many will actually believe your tales. Not everyone has the same concerns in life.

I wish i could help we had one back in the Netherlands.. great to have.. and im sure they are here how else do they slice meat at the butchers here (have seen the devices) Maybe he could ask there.

Edited by robblok

If you chill the chicken well before slicing.

Then use a sharp knife you should achieve the desired result.

Failing that Robinsons stock a meat slicer for the home,not sure on price,but probably a little excessive for the slicing of chicken only.

use a "decent" kitchen knife, I am sure your little one can tolerate the minor differences.......jeees!

I can imagine you in your Black Ops career being worried a lot about not slicing a throat evenly, and now on your bar stool worry about how many will actually believe your tales. Not everyone has the same concerns in life.

I wish i could help we had one back in the Netherlands.. great to have.. and im sure they are here how else do they slice meat at the butchers here (have seen the devices) Maybe he could ask there.

I am aware of the electric slicers they use at the butchers shops, but probably too expensive for slicing a chicken breast every now and the.

I just hoped that there would some small and inexpensive item available for this purpose, same as there for example are specialty knives to peel an apple or other fruits.

Verasu sells mini slicers like the butchers use. Don't know if they are any good but if they are i also want one. They cost under 2000 baht iirc

Unfortunately, you didn't IIRC. They are more than double that.

http://verasu.com/product_subcategories.php?cid=64

And as i said a few times already, I'm not looking for an electric slicer since I know they are too expensive for my purpose, but rather look for a cheap solution.

Something similar to an egg cutter or cheese knive. Maybe the latter can be used, if it is available here.

cheese-cutter-440.jpg

Verasu sells mini slicers like the butchers use. Don't know if they are any good but if they are i also want one. They cost under 2000 baht iirc

Unfortunately, you didn't IIRC. They are more than double that.

http://verasu.com/product_subcategories.php?cid=64

And as i said a few times already, I'm not looking for an electric slicer since I know they are too expensive for my purpose, but rather look for a cheap solution.

Something similar to an egg cutter or cheese knive. Maybe the latter can be used, if it is available here.

cheese-cutter-440.jpg

you can't cut chicken breast with something like that.

you have received a range of answers covering a range of options. a lot of them are good and cheap.

if you don't want to accept advice - why ask for it?

And as i said a few times already, I'm not looking for an electric slicer since I know they are too expensive for my purpose

(1) No, you haven't said that even once.

(2) Don't be so bl**dy ungrateful when strangers are trying to help you.

And as i said a few times already, I'm not looking for an electric slicer since I know they are too expensive for my purpose

Haven't said that even once ? Try post #7

I am aware of the electric slicers they use at the butchers shops, but probably too expensive for slicing a chicken breast every now and the.

I just hoped that there would some small and inexpensive item available for this purpose, same as there for example are specialty knives to peel an apple or other fruits.

there should be hundreds laying about in people's cupboads as everyone gets one for christmas.

Haven't said that even once ? Try post #7

There's a big difference between "probably too expensive" (suggesting that you are totally clueless about the actual cost of them) and "too expensive" (meaning you know the cost and have discounted that option).

So, no, you haven't said that even once.

So, once again, stop being so ungrateful, and now, stop trying to defend yourself indefensibly. It just makes you look ridiculous.

There are knives in the 20thb shop that are sharp enough to cut chicken as thin as you would ever need to cut it....

Don't be afraid to put some weight/pressure/strength on the knife and use the whole length of the blade in one smooth motion...

If those directions are too complicated for you, watch some YouTube videos or something......

Maybe even stay out of the kitchen.... You sound like a bit of a liability tbh.....