when i came years ago saw most bar and massarge girls

worked to send money home to parents to look after a child

the thai fathers run off with another girl do same again and again

years on i would say 40% of grandparents are looking after the children

with little or no support from parents of the children

govt give 500b a month

so never look down on a bar or massarge girl the work hard in many areas

to support there children

Quite easy to understand thai culture if husband and wife split and there are children, 9 times out of 10 man walk away. If lucky mother might get some money (little amount) on there birthdays. So lady has to go work (not all go to bars small % do most go to factories). Grandma look after children and possibly aunties. But whatever ladies do for work they do to send money home.

So why aren't Thai mothers raising their daughters to understand that they need to take the readiliy available contraceptive precautions against pregnancy with the profligate Thai men.

Why aren't Thai mothers schooling their daughters from birth to understand that it is not acceptable to dump grand children on grandma?

Except of course grandma benefits with a secure place in the family and a guaranteed income when their daughters come turn up with a baby for grandma to take care of while the new mum goes back to work to provide the income stream.

The Thai man might have had his moment of pleasure but its grandma who is tge long term beneficiary.

So why aren't Thai mothers raising their daughters to understand that they need to take the readiliy available contraceptive precautions against pregnancy with the profligate Thai men.

Why aren't Thai mothers schooling their daughters from birth to understand that it is not acceptable to dump grand children on grandma?

Except of course grandma benefits with a secure place in the family and a guaranteed income when their daughters come turn up with a baby for grandma to take care of while the new mum goes back to work to provide the income stream.

The Thai man might have had his moment of pleasure but its grandma who is tge long term beneficiary.

Both parties are totally irresponsible, birth control cheap and readily available, then theres the "culture" of no abortions so it goes backstreetbah.gif

Where I (sometimes) live in central Thailand, there are many kids raised by their grandparents indeed.

But the real reason for this is that their parents have gone where jobs are is i.e. mostly Bangkok.

They don't want to take their children with them for many excellent reasons (e.g. poor living conditions in Bangkok, pollution, criminality, messy schools), so they're left with the grandparents. Money does flow from Bangkok, although not always as regularly as the grandparents would like.

Don't judge too fast.

And then there are men who meet a bargirl, support her and her children by her first marriage for over 30 years until the children are grown.

I know, I am one, and my Thai girlfriend is the woman involved.

Her Australian husband left her in 1n 1971 with no money and no divorce

I met her in 1977 where she was working in a bar.....and we fell in love

We were together for almost 40 years....but people do get older

Believe it or not, such things do happen.

At least occasionally.

There is plenty of awareness about birth control but younger people are inexperienced and the heat of the moment often clouds judgment so girls get knocked up.

Same shit happens in the UK - Britain has highest percentage of teenage single mothers in Europe

Abortions are routine back there but here, not so much

ok so i have been living in pattay for the last 8 years. almost every girl i met down there was a girl trying to get money to support their grandparents who were raising their kids. i am now staying for 5 months in esan and it has been nice to see that most that guys are actually loving fathers who look after their kids like they should. men who abandon their kids disgust me. i would like to see thai woman have some way to get some child payment from the father but this is thailand and thailand dont work that way. face is everything to thais and the majority of thais look at bargirls like they are dirt for choosing to sell themselves. next time you meet a single mother (probably in a bar) buy her an extra drink or give her a tip for making the sacrifice of degrading herself to see that her children have food and clothes.

ok so i have been living in pattay for the last 8 years. almost every girl i met down there was a girl trying to get money to support their grandparents who were raising their kids. i am now staying for 5 months in esan and it has been nice to see that most that guys are actually loving fathers who look after their kids like they should. men who abandon their kids disgust me. i would like to see thai woman have some way to get some child payment from the father but this is thailand and thailand dont work that way. face is everything to thais and the majority of thais look at bargirls like they are dirt for choosing to sell themselves. next time you meet a single mother (probably in a bar) buy her an extra drink or give her a tip for making the sacrifice of degrading herself to see that her children have food and clothes.

There is plenty of awareness about birth control but younger people are inexperienced and the heat of the moment often clouds judgment so girls get knocked up.

Same shit happens in the UK - Britain has highest percentage of teenage single mothers in Europe

"Britain has highest percentage of teenage single mothers in Europe"

That is only because of the UK benefit system which gives unmarried mothers free housing and other benefits.

Why aren't Thai mothers schooling their daughters from birth to understand that it is not acceptable to dump

grand children on grandma?

Except of course grandma benefits with a secure place in the family and a guaranteed income when their daughter

s come turn up with a baby for grandma to take care of while the new mum goes back to work to provide the income stream.

Rubish

Even If stay together and have child grandma as you call will probably still look after children as mum and dad have to go out to work.

contraception is taught to daughters. Do you not have teenage pregnancies in your home country???? Then maybe grandma doesn't look up to and they go into care and cost even more. Not dumping child as you put it need to work what you suggest leave child on own all day?????

We look after our own maybe something westerners should learn from Not bitch about others

Edited by jeab1980

That is only because of the UK benefit system which gives unmarried mothers free housing and other benefits.

So your saying that ok then no problem in UK have child someone else pays for it. And here not ok to leave child with family so mum can EARN money to feed and buy clothes for her child

So your saying that ok then no problem in UK have child someone else pays for it. And here not ok to leave child with family so mum can EARN money to feed and buy clothes for her child

No, I am saying it is a big problem in the UK. Honest hardworking people are taxed to the hilt to help provide for these scroungers.

Yeah as if Britain's the only country in Europe that pays single mothers welfare and provides housing

Yeah as if Britain's the only country in Europe that pays single mothers welfare and provides housing

If that is the case, it makes these other European countries as bad as Britain.

First of all, any man who does not support his

Child in Thailand or the West isn't much of a man.

Lack of child support =Immediate jail time. No

Boo hoo Poor me stories. Support your kids, period!!

Bullshit

Some women deliberately get pregnant hoping to trap a man - here and in the West

In situations like that, why should a man cough up for 18 years just because some woman appropriated his genetic material?

It is.

Denmark provides money and housing but they don't have anywhere near as many teenage single mothers as the UK

The trouble with Britain is that too many slags are regarded as role models - Katie Price, Jodie Marsh etc

Because it's HIS child. Play,

You pay!! Bull Sh"t to the

Deadbeats who don't support

Their children

I don't give a toss.

It's one thing if the child was planned or came about because of an honest mishap like "heat of the moment" but quite another when a woman impregnates herself using the contents of a used condom

In situations like that, she can <deleted> right off

It is.

Denmark provides money and housing but they don't have anywhere near as many teenage single mothers as the UK

The trouble with Britain is that too many slags are regarded as role models - Katie Price, Jodie Marsh etc

I would think that Denmark is probably more stringent than Britain.

The grandparent is not raising the child, the village is. It's an open air community. People make it sound like granny is teaching them math tables...

Actually, this is a worry. As the father of a one year old, I dread the thought of leaving my daughter in the sole care of the granny. For several reasons: she doesn't speak a word of English and I want my daughter to be fluent in Thai and English. Secondly, she is uneducated and whilst she really does love her grand daughter, she can teach her very little apart from playing outside, keeping her safe and looking forward to the days when she can work in the rice and rubber farm: sorry for my cynicism here.

As it happens, I spend a lot of time at home because of the nature of my job so I have no immediate worries except when I have to tell Mrs T that they can't borrow the daughter today. It's not unusual for the grand parents and others to be waiting for the daughter to wake up to say hi ... come on over. Afternoons and evenings the same.

We went out recently, getting home at around 8:30 pm and the whole family was camped out on our lawn waiting for us ... before we got to the house I stopped the car and said to Mrs T: I don't know how to cope with this. What are they doing and what do they want? 8:30 pm is after my daughter's bed time and that's a concern too. It has been the case that they turn up in the evening to sit by the door and watch the girl run around and play. I take her to bed on time anyway.

Someone said, quite rightly, that it's the village that raises the children, not just granny. I see this round here. Kids playing in dirt all day, running around after each other. That's fine as far as it goes and I did much the same myself as a child. Someone else asked whether they thought granny was teaching them some maths! Impossible!

You all know from my ramblings that I have a lot of time for Thailand and the Thais but I worry about what's going on here.

Most girls everywhere are a terrible judge of character and wouldn't recognize a decent man if she tripped over one.

As for the men, probably in almost all cases, nice guys finish last.

In the west, most men sleeping in furnace room as they have been cleaned out and emasculated and pussy whipped !

Considering the OP was referring to Thai men abandoning their children I am a bit confused as to how it got high jacked to include farang.

Secondly, anyone who thinks that all the working girls in Pattaya etc are selling themselves to look after their kids they are in dreamland! Most are out for themselves and see it as an easy buck and this has been like this for years, there are actually girls here whose grandmothers were in the trade.

The majority of kids being looked after by grandma etc have the money sent to them by normal working Thais, usually both father and mother working in a factory away from home. Not working girls, that is a myth.