opalred

And the percentage of women inpregnating

Themselves this way is minute and deals with

Very wealthy men, not your usual deadbeat

Pattaya type that drapes their fat ass over a

Bar stool before noon each day and has money

For cheap beer but no money to feed, cloth

And house his child.

I like the fact that this has been formatted like a poem.

The rhythm is a little bit off, but it's good stuff, especially the last three lines- the split between money and cheep beer- and then the final kicker about needing to house the child. Good use of juxtaposition and imagery (like fat ass literally draped over a bar stool).

I give it 7/10 and am forwarding it to The Anthology of Modern Poetry for consideration.

First of all, any man who does not support his

Child in Thailand or the West isn't much of a man.

Lack of child support =Immediate jail time. No

Boo hoo Poor me stories. Support your kids, period!!

Bullshit

Some women deliberately get pregnant hoping to trap a man - here and in the West

In situations like that, why should a man cough up for 18 years just because some woman appropriated his genetic material?

Oh, what a man! So, you were just standing there with an erection and she purposely took advantage of you, is that your story, Bunky?

Because it's HIS child. Play,

You pay!! Bull Sh"t to the

Deadbeats who don't support

Their children

And bull Sh"t to the women who deliberately get pregnant hoping to trap a man.

You play, you pay.

What a load of crap.

The same problem was in AU until the Government of the day legislated for fathers to pay up and help support there off spring, yet there are ways to not...like becoming unemployed or as a self employed person to minimise your income.

Nothing is fool proof, some people have a conciouse and others dont, i know of cases where Thai fathers contribute, i know of others where they dribble it out, i dont hang around with the bar crowed so i dont know there.

Money is printed love for the thais... so a girl who kik her boyfriend dont want his money... i think

no mater how little money they have ,they alway can buy alcohol... that's a mystery

give they money ,they go straight to buy some more

Edited by jerome2

Great another Thai man bashing thread. I work with around 60 Thai technicians with over half married with children. The majority stay with their kids near work, with many having a family member helping with childcare while mum and dad work. Many of the married mothers are in the same boat.

Some send their kids back to the village home, but this is out of necessity not because they are dead beat dads.

Of course there are many who cut and run, but in my experience there are just as many who are loving, caring dads who work hard and try to do there best to support their families.

men should have the right to abort women who do not want to do it or pretend that they don't swallow !

First of all, any man who does not support his

Child in Thailand or the West isn't much of a man.

Lack of child support =Immediate jail time. No

Boo hoo Poor me stories. Support your kids, period!!

I just do not understand or I guess I do. Every time anything that is brought up about Thailand that is negative there is always "BASHING THAIS". I've live here a long time and wonder how people just block it out and get defensive if anything said is just not "Land of Smile" other than that it is bashing. Makes me wonder some people become so supportive that they start to become Thai and being Thai, don't take criticism very well? Opinions are in GENERAL whether it is positive or negative. These opinions and view just didn't come out of the blue they actually exist not only from foreigners visiting or living here.

Thailand is a country that is divided into half and half not? Majority happens to be Half not and live outside of Bangkok. Many even believe Bangkok does not represent the rest of Thailand. Just last year a Thai MP, was interviewed by the Bangkok Post he said about women in Isaan, " If you want a better life marry a foreigner " His reference was about Thai men in General that if women ever want them to change need to demand more make them accountable for their action. Until they step up don't open your legs to them! See like the West there is a law that one must pay child support.

But what Thai women have the resources to take their case to court even if they did and won, what system is in place to enforce the judgement. The public education system is so poor kids are pretty much finished at 15 years of age. Kids are taught very little about sex education and the peer pressure the kids are so great many are having sex regardless of what they are being told as early as 12 years. It is a culture problem too because so many of the parents come from the same system. How do they teach what they do not know themselves? Thai culture seem to think and want their children to grow up fast when we know kids in their teens might look adult mentally they aren't.

I know first hand cases where the parents find out their under kids just had sex. The solution is more about saving face? and saving face is making the boy family pay a price and making their girl live with the boy family as if they are married. We know this would never work what chance do kids have? But from my experience this seem to be the norm? This is not bashing and even their own leadership know what is going on! Is it going to change soon NO! Because the men are still running the show regardless of what you see.

I have the greatest respect for Thai women I believe they are the backbone of this country without them they got nothing. But the Thai MP, spoke the truth about his own people he should be running this country instead he was replaced for speaking the truth!

Edited by thailand49

I doubt if very many TV members really understand the dynamics of child-rearing in rural villages. This is not the West and Thais have found a way to raise children within the extended family unit that works just fine. But those from the nanny-state West - you'll never 'get it', you'll always simply want a 'Western' system superimposed over the sovereign Thai culture, which of course is too primitive and uncultured <thank God, and I hope it stays that way> for nanny-staters.

The grandparent is not raising the child, the village is. It's an open air community. People make it sound like granny is teaching them math tables...

the only thing grandma taught baby sumo to do was watch tv (even if it wasnt plugged in) 18 hours a day and eat from a shovel....

Money is printed love for the thais... so a girl who kik her boyfriend dont want his money... i think

no mater how little money they have ,they alway can buy alcohol... that's a mystery

give they money ,they go straight to buy some more

and some extra flashing led lights for the pick up.... you can never have too many of those

No one is saying Thailand has to be like the West. I believe in the extended family know it very well but this situation in general can be harmful in certain situation. Of course having the Grandparent or some form of extending family is better than the children being homeless or orphaned. In life we want our child to have a better life, education is the key to that goal. But it seems from my experience Thailand has hit a flat line, the poor can't go from rag to riches, instead the greatest resource seem to end up doing what their parents are doing. There isn't movement upward in life?

Sure there are good Thai men, but there are more men or should I say boys who just walk away from their responsibility. As soon as the girl is pregnant after a while they just take off. Many no second thoughts about it? Reality wonder why so many girls selling themselves, wonder why even me why we are here, why so many are afraid if things change they wouldn't have their playground any longer? I do not blame the women, they do what is necessary to feed their children but it shouldn't be a excuse for the men to just walk away and isn't that what we are talking about?

Their culture seem as soon as they lose a man go get a new one. The kids growing up see men coming and going ever think why it is so easy for kids to call another man PaPa? I know a half dozen men all good guys that are unofficially married to Thai women, all these guys have kids by other women. They all have no idea where they are today? For me coming from the west being Asian could never look myself in the mirror if I did that. Sure relationship and marriage do not work but to just walk away never looking back, never sending any money that is what we are talking about. Is that too much Nanny state? How many of you and think about it and be truthful? If your daughter brought home a guy and his background was he walked out on his wife and kid, to this day, hasn't looked back do not have any idea where they are and sure haven't pay a dime and your daughter is being f-ck by this guy. Would that be too Nanny for a parent to question what your daughter is doing with this deadbeat? If you say it is up to her then you are just fooling yourself!

I understand the family structure in Thailand, I live it study it... a few changes wouldn't hurt and maybe having men take some responsibility would be nice for a starter?

Edited by thailand49