True Internet refuses to close my account and keeps charging me every month.

Humanoid

I've got some partially good news. True internet emailed me and:

1- They admitted that I went to their shop in early April to cancel the service. (FINALLY, after 2.5 months!)

2- And they also admitted that they did not cancel the service.

Isn't that nice?

Well, the problem isn't completely over. They now say:

"please bring the Router and Adapter to contact them once again. After that they will pass your case to the team in-charge to consider for service charge adjustment during that period."

I replied telling them to fix the charges on my account _now_, and that I'll be waiting for the final bill with the correct charge to arrive in the mail. We'll see if they can finish their job or if they want me to keep playing their silly game of showing up in person at their incompetent true shops only for them to wait 2.5 months before admitting that I even showed up!

JaseTheBass, my gf says you are right: 1 year contracts are invalid and illegal to enforce. She did some searching and found out that there are LOTS of thai people who try to cancel their True internet service but True refuses to honour the cancellation, just like they did with me. Furthermore, during her searching, she also found out that nobody has to pay any fee for cancelling an internet service regardless of what some contract says, PLUS anybody who has already paid any cancellation fee can get their money back! Here is a video of some government official explaining it: (translations are welcome!)

Well, turns out the problem is not over, but it is over for me.

Previously they made it look like they made an honest mistake of not having any record of me cancelling the account last April, and they made silly excuses for not cancelling over email later on because they claimed they didn't have the "right to cancel" it unless I show up in person with my passport. I previously gave them the benefit of the doubt that this might have been an honest mistake on their part, so I continued to press them, even though I did not believe it was an honest mistake. Now, after 2.5 months, they finally admitted that I did in fact go to their shop and told them to cancel the account. Yet, they still refuse to take any action and want me to go to their True Shop in person again before the "staff at True store will pass your case to the team in-charge to consider for service charge adjustment during that period." Since they already know that I cancelled the account, they should just remove the charges, and not tell me to go see them in person before they will even "consider" it. This is the point at which it becomes 100% clear what kind of business they are operating, and I will no longer communicate or do business with them. I now have email proof that I already went to their shop and told them to cancel the account.

Close your bank account..... actually you should have tried cancelling at the bank too.

You just validated my aversion to standing orders for utilities and services.....

I am currently having issues where I was too lazy to get off my chair and paid for a service using my phone and now they claim they never received it, going in personally and paying cash, getting a receipt works best. Honestly they are just too dopey and disorganised to be automated.

Check your bank account more frequently on-line.

Edited by jacko45k

True service for me raised my blood pressure too high. I made an ass out of myself in one of their shops by calling the moron manager a moron. My wife nearly had to drag me out of the shop. Eventually my wife got the problems corrected by paying an extra month to cancel the post paid card. My satisfaction was throwing the last of my 4 True SIM cards in the trash. There was still about 300 baht on that pre-paid card but I didn't care. If True were the only provider, I'd give up the Internet.

You went to the shop and cancelled? So of course you for a receipt or cancellation order right? I mean.... It'd be like the most ridiculous thing ever to cancel and not get any paperwork. So just show the paperwork on the cancellation?