How old can an income letter be ?

In my case, I have a document from the Japanese government stating what I get from them every year.

This document only comes once a year and will be more than six months old when I need to extend.

What to do?

And related- Do I need to make a written statement in English stating what the document says, and then get both the original document and my statement notarized?

In my case, I have a document from the Japanese government stating what I get from them every year.

This document only comes once a year and will be more than six months old when I need to extend.

What to do?

And related- Do I need to make a written statement in English stating what the document says, and then get both the original document and my statement notarized?

Immigration will only accept a income letter from your embassy or consulate to prove income.

If the letter is not in English it would have to be translated to Thai and then be certified by the consular affairs department of the MFA.

What to do?

Immigrations accepts embassy certification as proof of income. I doubt immigrations would accept the letter from the Japanese government without embassy certification.

I get an annual statement from US Social Security and private pension, but when I apply for extension renewal I still need the income affidavit from the US Embassy. I attach the SS and pension statements as backup, but immigrations wants the affidavit from an embassy in Bangkok.

You should take the government letter to the Japanese embassy (or possibly your embassy if you're not Japanese) to have it certified. Whatever you submit to immigrations would need to be accompanied by a translation into Thai if the original is not in Thai or English.

You could just put 800K baht in a bank account. Easy.

That's easy for us people Who Have got the 800K to Put/Leave in the bank

But some Other poor sods may not have that cash on hand at the time to put

it in the back for 90 days Before they can apply for their extension.

• Like 1

You could just put 800K baht in a bank account. Easy.

Why put the money in the bank if you can meet the income requirements?

Better to invest it and/or put in an account that will give a higher return than what you can use to meet immigration's requirements.

• Like 2

What to do?

Immigration will only accept a income letter from your embassy or consulate to prove income.

If the letter is not in English it would have to be translated to Thai and then be certified by the consular affairs department of the MFA.

UbonJoe,

I have just read a report from another site that a US citizen was told he needs a Thai translated and notarized statement from Chaeng Wattana of his US notarized confirmation of income.

I believe (but am not positive) this was Hua Him Immigration making the request.

Is there a specific clause in Thai Immigration law that exempts English?

Thanks.

What to do?

UbonJoe,

I have just read a report from another site that a US citizen was told he needs a Thai translated and notarized statement from Chaeng Wattana of his US notarized confirmation of income.

I believe (but am not positive) this was Hua Him Immigration making the request.

Thanks.

Not Hua Hin. I think the one rouge office that wanted it was Pathum Thani.

You will not find anything in the immigration rules that says documents in English have to be translated. Some of the requirements even state a document needs to be translated to Thai or English if not in English already.

What to do?

UbonJoe,

Thanks.

Not Hua Hin. I think the one rouge office that wanted it was Pathum Thani.

You will not find anything in the immigration rules that says documents in English have to be translated. Some of the requirements even state a document needs to be translated to Thai or English if not in English already.

Hi UbonJoe,

There are now two people stating that they needed Thai translated and notarized statements of income. One US and one Australian.

They are both located in HH.

I don't know if this is just local or some new national interpretation.

I will try to get to HH Immigration next week to find out.