Remain camp among first to vote against Brexit

snoop1130

Remain camp among first to vote against Brexit

606x341_336446.jpg

Right up until the last minute the prime minister was urging people to vote remain for a bigger, better Britain inside a reformed EU.”

David Cameron called the vote under pressure from his ruling Conservative Party which wants to put to rest decades of debate over Britain’s place in Europe and its ties with Brussels.

Jeremy Corbyn echoes Cameron’s sentiments

Veteran left-winger Jeremy Corbyn voted ‘No’ in a 1975 referendum on staying in the European Economic Community, but is now pro-Remain.

He’s been criticised for changing his anti-EU stance soon after becoming leader of the Labour party.

Scotland’s leader is also staunchly pro-Remain

Nicola Sturgeon has said Britain leaving the EU could also trigger another independence referendum if Scots backed staying in the bloc but were dragged out by the English.

She and her husband Peter Murrell were one of the first people to cast their votes early today.

MP Jo Cox memorial

Commentators say the campaign to keep Britain in the European Union gained momentum after the murder of Labour MP Jo Cox, a strong supporter of Britain staying in the bloc.

Her memorial service was held on Wednesday on what would have been her 42nd birthday.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-06-23

Life will go on.

I voted OUT but if a majority is in favour of REMAIN then I can only hope that some reform is possible.

I seriously doubt that a REMAIN majority will be anywhere near the 1975 referendum result of 68% - anything less than 60% of the vote is hardly a sweeping endorsement of the EU. Anything near 55/45 and the government will need to take note that nearly half the voting population are not behind him.

Too many scared Brits to leave, I reckon. Too much politics of fear, no guts from dodgy Dave and the rest. Sad.

I hope I'm proved wrong.

let's hope not , just chatted with sister and nephew on phone who were unsure and after they asked me to make the case leave they both gonna vote leave. They felt pressured by Gov.Don't be intimidated I told them.

According to the polls and betting sites, it seems that Putin's campaign to divide and concur Europe was not successful full this time. Good for Europe and European values. We wouldn't want to be weak against the Russian wish to be great again.

Edited by Guest

Got to be one of the most biased topics regarding brexit I have seen. I have voted to stay in but at least I acknowledge there are some out there that think differently.

Edited by Orac