Snake

pokoal2000

Wait, there's money in those snakes!

We got a baby one sneaked into the house a while ago. Like a boa, so not poisonous, but more rare according to the neighbour. He took it and came back the next day, saying he got 500 Bahts for it at the pet shop, and if we found any more, please let him know. :o

Wait, there's money in those snakes!

We got a baby one sneaked into the house a while ago. Like a boa, so not poisonous, but more rare according to the neighbour. He took it and came back the next day, saying he got 500 Bahts for it at the pet shop, and if we found any more, please let him know. :o

ah that deep seated thai respect of nature

Hi,

I hope you have not harmed this snake yet....I just saw your post today! This is a coperhead racer or also common as a radiated rat snake. It is harmless to you. It is non venomous but is a constrictor to rats and small prey. It is a gorgeous snake and you are lucky to have one close buy...I envy you. They can grow upwards of 6 ft long. Nothing to worry about I just hope you do not have larger cobras come by looking for a meal cause they will eat him..

Cheers D

Oh and please avoid letting your neihbour take him to get money...It won't be a happy ending for the little guy... If you want to see more pictures of this snake, PM me and I will forward you my blog here in Thailand and my experiences with snakes.

No way, i would not kill it or let the neibour to take him, even if it was dangerous. Its a lovely snake , I just wanted to know what it was.

Oh and please avoid letting your neihbour take him to get money...It won't be a happy ending for the little guy... If you want to see more pictures of this snake, PM me and I will forward you my blog here in Thailand and my experiences with snakes.

No way, i would not kill it or let the neibour to take him, even if it was dangerous. Its a lovely snake , I just wanted to know what it was.

I love them too, once we had one close my wife found a guy who catched it and brought it in the temple, there the snake is safe (it is a special tempel I got told and it stays in outside free in the tempel area.

First people kill the spiders, snakes, frogs (they eat them) some other animals I don't know the english names, too and than they wounder that they have so many rats, mouse, bugs and mosquitos, than they use poisions and wounder why their children get sick with things which were unkown 50 years ago. Strange world....

Keep the link in your profile page then its easy for members to find. I'd like to have a look at it too.

First people kill the spiders, snakes, frogs (they eat them) some other animals I don't know the english names, too and than they wounder that they have so many rats, mouse, bugs and mosquitos, than they use poisions and wounder why their children get sick with things which were unkown 50 years ago. Strange world....

many thai ppl eat rats and bugs too. if only they would start eating mosquitoes... :o