Backpackers swim in flood water on Khao San because, how often do they get to do that?

webfact

Backpackers swim in flood water on Khao San because, how often do they get to do that?
By Coconuts Bangkok

backpackers.jpg
Tonight... we are young. Photo: @Dickyman96

BANGKOK: -- Swimming in dirty flood water in the middle of one of Bangkok’s dirtiest streets has got to be one of the most unique experiences tourists can have in Thailand. However, this lucky group got the golden ticket the other day when it flooded outside of their favorite bar on Khao San Road.

So, what did they do? They stripped off their elephant-print pants and Chang tank tops and hopped right into the stinky water because, who cares about the infectious diseases you can get from nasty flood water?

This photo of a group of young foreigners lying in the middle of flooded Khao San Road Tuesday night went viral on Twitter this week. And why not? They look like they are having the time of their life.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/06/24/backpackers-swim-flood-water-khao-san-because-how-often-do-they-get-do

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-06-24

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foreigner's, backpacker's, swimming in dirty flood water in the dirtiest street in Bangkok because foreigner's go there. Stripped off their elephant print pants and low life Chang tops to bathe in stinky water. Disgusting, ban them from Thailand. Come to Thailand after saving their hard earned cash and have fun, this is a disgrace. Some of these low lifes get a job here and stay in Thailand. Filth, make their stay hell, introduce more red tape to rid these foreigner's from Thailand. Put these signs up at all border crossings and airports.

I'm being sarcastic, by the way.

post-145516-14667497542973_thumb.jpg

Edited by tukkytuktuk

Have to admit i utterly despise backpackers. They are just above nonces for me

I remember doing the same in the big flood of 95.

If it weren't for backpackers like me being adventurous and finding new places, you old sexpats wouldn't be here.

If it weren't for backpackers like me being adventurous and finding new places, you old sexpats wouldn't be here.

Really?

Do you think that backpackers are the only people who have ever been outside of their own country?

What a sheltered life you must have led.

I'm mot a sexpat matey :)

Me and the family move to Hong Kong soon. :)

Tell me about my life mate....on you go. You have a fairly large audience reading this post, so, please, make sure you don't make a fool of yourself by getting anything wrong.

Over to you mate.....

Still better than sex tourists and pervs... ?

At least the sex tourists spend money and wash.

yeah and those 2 things are THEE most important things in life hey Franky boy ? coffee1.gif

(in Thailand they certainly are!!! 555)

The best years of my life was when backpacking. Didnt have to pay for femail company, new sights every few weeks, didnt spend any time sitting in bars or my condo all alone , or with a nagging wife, posting on social media, i lived life.

The best years of my life was when backpacking. Didnt have to pay for femail company, new sights every few weeks, didnt spend any time sitting in bars or my condo all alone , or with a nagging wife, posting on social media, i lived life.

backing was also the best time of my life without a doubt, tripping the globe and occasionally getting laid. (i always insisted on showers first) as for my sex life, that is one part of my life that improved when i became a sexpat. slowing down now i am in family mode. the leaning of life is to give everything fun a go.

I despise those who say judgmental nonsense like this.

You probable never went to university and worked in a factory in Bolton when you were 20.

Jealousy is a terrible thing.