PM heaps praises on a blind and a flag-picking school boy

rooster59

PM heaps praises on a blind and a flag-picking school boy

post-247607-0-83522600-1466808976_thumb.

BANGKOK: Two individuals were praised by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha on Friday.

In his weekly nationwide address, the prime minister praised 11-year old Prateep Chuangchu, a Mathayom 1 student of Ang Thong Patthamarote Witthayakhom

School, for braving rains to pick up Thai flags which were blown away by strong winds and fell on the road in Ang Thong province.

He said Prateep was a role model of a new generation of Thai youths who has the courage to do the right thing, particularly in showing patriotism.

The prime minister also thanked Mr Suriya Charoen for posting the video clip featuring the boy recovering the fallen flags in the social media. Although the incident may be regarded as insignificant, he said it demonstrated the true trait of the Thai society.

Mr Monthien Boontan, president of the Association of the Blind, was the second one commended by the prime minister in his weekly address. He was recently re-elected as a member of the UN committee of the disabled people for the second four-year term.

The prime minister said that Mr Monthien was a role model of a man who never gives up despite the fact that he was born into a poor farmer’s family and was blind from birth and has strived to work hard to win recognition.

He wished Mr Monthien to perform his duty for the good of blind people in Thailand and the rest of the world.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-heaps-praises-blind-flag-picking-school-boy-2/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-25

Picking up flags in the rain. Clearly a person who loves his country. Couldn't have an inanimate object lying around on the floor in the rain.

Here's another way to show you love your country from the poor to the rich. Stop throwing litter on the floor, and if you're rich, stop being so corrupt. Not corrupt? Well, give up most of your hard earned cash to the poor and needy. You don't need all that money and you love your country, right?

or, just carry on as normal.

On so many levels the good generals show is entertaining.

From Stockholm Syndrome Suffers to Blind Freddie's .

The elites , the worried investors , the haters , the neo nazis ( looking for validation ) to the peasants who wonder?

This Nationalistic offering transcends the virtues of ruling by gun and shifts focus to those that care about Thailand .

A bit like a bank robber in the vault giving out peanuts telling the hostages he is proud of their efforts at compliance.

The simple most very basic fact is he unlawfully ceased power .

And for him to lecture on virtues or morality is so puzzling to a logical western mind.

That it gives credence to Darwin and his theories .

Suspending the reality is then again a Thai thing.

But what makes his programmes truly special is the outfits and presentation of oneself .

He is a general .

Yet he dresses up and is self declared emperor of all things Thai.

You will be jailed if you scream out simple truths .

So people watch silently at least in protest .

Some may shake their heads .

Dying throngs of elites

Yet here he is .

The elderly Facebook user sentenced to 32 years by his military may one day be freed and hear of the sentences imposed on treason committing forces that locked her away.

In the meantime let him speak .

It's dark comedy at its finest.

Edited by Plutojames88

Congratulations to Prateep Chuangchu - it is fitting that he is acknowledged for his actions.

But, as is so typical of Thai logic, Prayut also thanked Mr Suriya Charoen for "posting the video clip".

Would he not have been be better asking the question, “Why weren’t you out there (in the rain) picking up the flags instead of filming a blind boy doing it”?

post-209291-0-06499400-1466820485_thumb.

Photo from https://th-th.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1762747000629327&set=pcb.1762748027295891&type=3&theater

What a splendid thing to do General.Now guys on a more mundane and minor issue----sorry but did not catch his report this week so tell me did he say anything about the progress with the Phia Dhammachayo fiasco sorry I mean situation

Congratulations to Prateep Chuangchu - it is fitting that he is acknowledged for his actions.

But, as is so typical of Thai logic, Prayut also thanked Mr Suriya Charoen for "posting the video clip".

Would he not have been be better asking the question, “Why weren’t you out there (in the rain) picking up the flags instead of filming a blind boy doing it”?

attachicon.gifBlind_boy.png

Photo from https://th-th.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1762747000629327&set=pcb.1762748027295891&type=3&theater

clap2.gif Spot On and well said.

Look at the difference, post a clip seen as positive and the PM congratulates you.

Post something seen as negative, your motives are immediately suspect and there's a good chance of being tracked down.

So people watch silently at least in protest .

Actually I don't know any Thai who watches it because it's just boring. He wins the award for worst series for two years running. His show should have been cancelled season one, day two. With all the TV celebrities who supported this man early on, you'd think he could come up with something better. The longer this goes on this becomes programed in Thai minds to shut the TV off at that time and this affects the value of the time slot for the networks because people will avoid TV at that time once he's gone. I bet you can see a spike in Internet traffic/use at that time period. If so, this would prove that people dump the TV(and what's on it) for other activities.

Edited by Alive

Just a small afterthought-------- how on earth did a blind boy see flags in the rain on the road outside and was able to go out and pick them up.Reminds me some time ago sitting watching a blind guy sitting with a receptacle in front of him.When a passer by threw something and missed the bin he waited a second then reached out and picked it upgigglem.gif

Jeez what is it with TV posters not being able to read a news story? The kid who picked up the flags was not blind!

If the crap headline had read: ..heaps praise on a blind MAN.....instead of just a blind and flag picking school boy, it would have helped too, however reading the story properly would have helped a little bit more, not much though as it is not the most coherent piece of journalism ever.

There you go. Another vote... erm... in 10 years.

Still, look on the bright side. This muppet must have at least 200 votes by now. No wait! Theres a dozen or so on TV.

212 votes, Good going muppet.

W

Edited by Winniedapu

Jeez what is it with TV posters not being able to read a news story? The kid who picked up the flags was not blind!

Correct. The English was lousy in the headline...

PM heaps praises on a blind and a flag-picking school boy"

Should have been:

"PM heaps praises on a blind man and a flag-picking school boy"

Clearly the fault of the reader (including myself at first glance and until you mentioned it) and not the writer of the headline.

Obviously.

Edited by Winniedapu

Picking up flags in the rain. Clearly a person who loves his country. Couldn't have an inanimate object lying around on the floor in the rain.

Here's another way to show you love your country from the poor to the rich. Stop throwing litter on the floor, and if you're rich, stop being so corrupt. Not corrupt? Well, give up most of your hard earned cash to the poor and needy. You don't need all that money and you love your country, right?

An unbelievably negative response to a great OP.

In the light of your condemnation of hard earned assets I'd like to know how much of your money you have given to the poor and needy. You don't need it all, right?

An unbelievably negative response to a great OP.

In the light of your condemnation of hard earned assets I'd like to know how much of your money you have given to the poor and needy. You don't need it all, right?

A great OP? Are you joking? Picking up a flag in the rain? Why not wait til it stops raining and then pick it up? What does it really mean to pick up a flag in the rain anyway? It's an inanimate object. It won't catch the flu. Picking it up literally means nothing.

And as for how much money have I contributed to the poor? Not a lot. But I don't go around telling everyone how much I love my country and how much I love my fellow people while at the same time bending them over.

Oh, and I'm not rich. So if I contribute 90% of my salary to the poor, I will be the poor. If I had, let's say 100 million Baht and I contributed 90%, I'd still have 10 million. I'd still be rich.

Please think before you post.

Edited by rkidlad

In all honors, I think the boy couldn't care less about those "kind words", especially about politics........................... just a normal kid who'd love to play iphone and do other naughty stuff as kids....