Choked to death - "Kapow Moo" was pub owner's last supper

webfact

Minced pork and rice ....... wouldn't the pieces be too small to choke to death on.

I though you would need something big enough to block the entire throat.

What about the young girl in the photo, wife, daughter, girlfriend .... or just a very compassionate waitress?

..not at all..the oesophagus is only 15mm diameter in average adult..your airway has to shut off to allow food to slide down...so the chances of a food bolus becoming stuck is always a risk..particularly beef..so do what grandma says and chew thoroughly each 'small' mouthful and have some liquids to 'wash it all down'...a terrible way to die.

Beware, Only a few Thais know CPR and those are the Thais coming to pronounce you dead. And even those paramedics probably don't know the Heinrich Maneuver. Better hope your mate was a Boy Scout.

It's beyond that and not only in Thailand.

If you try to help, with some rough idea of how to do it, imagine if it doesn't work and/or it does work and you break someone's bones or damage internal organs.

Then you've assaulted someone.

I do think there is a Thai cultural thing of not getting involved with stranger's problem's like this as well.

We'll break my bones trying if you see me choking. Rather recover from cracked ribs than die because of inaction.

80 is like 50 used to be. The concerning thing is all these young ones falling off the perch, or balcony. Life expectancy for the young is falling in many countries while for the middle aged/seniors it's increasing. I don't get it.

Life expectancy hasn't changed for thousands of years.

Once you exclude childhood death and violence from the statistics.

Socrates was 70 when he died in 400BC, and he was executed.

Source and I dont mean "sauce" as its a food thread

80 is like 50 used to be. The concerning thing is all these young ones falling off the perch, or balcony. Life expectancy for the young is falling in many countries while for the middle aged/seniors it's increasing. I don't get it.

Life expectancy hasn't changed for thousands of years.

Once you exclude childhood death and violence from the statistics.

Socrates was 70 when he died in 400BC, and he was executed.

Source and I dont mean "sauce" as its a food thread

Here you are,

http://www.livescience.com/10569-human-lifespans-constant-2-000-years.html