Hot springs

bubba1

Ranong is a nice place to relax with several hot springs. I seem to remember seeing a couple of hotels advertising hot spring facilities as well?

I usually stay by the river and walk up to Raksa Warin hot springs. There are free, and paid outdoor springs up there, and its a nice walk. I recommend the government owned spa across the road called Siam Hot Spa, it has a sauna, steam room, and hot spring Jacuzzi for 150 baht for all day. Swimming trunks, clean towels, water are included. Men & Women have separate areas. Do a search and see what you find.

My GF visited hot springs somewhere around Mae Sot on the Burma border, she said, "one pool all you had to do was clap your hands and the bubbles came up"..........whistling.gif

I think a bit like the many fake waterfalls I have encountered where you pay to see it and has levels and pools corresponding to lucky number bumbers...7 or 9 or some other BS.

The Hotspring Beach resort in Phang Nga (just north of Phuket ~15km) is quite nice. Full beach resort with restaurants, spa, beach, 2 hot spring pools, cold water pool, awesome large swimming pool. Www.thehotspringbeach.com

There is a blog on this subject:

http://soakinginsiam.blogspot.de/

My GF visited hot springs somewhere around Mae Sot on the Burma border, she said, "one pool all you had to do was clap your hands and the bubbles came up".........

Do you have more detailed information? I know of one such place in the south of Thailand (saved it somewhere on my computer, can dig it up if anyone is interested) and plan to go there. Curious if there are other such places, and where exactly.

Archived