Price of Land Fill

fiestafred

It usually depends on the distance the soil has to be carted. There is usually a big demand for fill, and whenever anyone decides to excavate a pond or suchlike buyers will be queueing up. Gone are the days of 90 -100 baht a load, expect to pay double that and even more should the source be any distance away.

The 300 to 400 baht per 5m load is the norm in the area. Be aware this is now the wet season and with the rains and rice growing its going to be hard to find fill. The cost of fill has gone up due to the military enforcing that all fill can only be sold from Chanotet held land. Also if your a farang then you stay out of the business side and let your partner due all transactions.. In my area there is no frang price its all the same but I do keep a low profile on these dealing and I let SWMBO do the negotiations, she knows whats going on.

I love all this talk of "farang price".

Why don't some people just learn a bit of the language, grow some balls and stop hiding behind their wife?

On the other hand, maybe continue as you are. It's always good for a laugh.

Why don't some people just learn a bit of the language, grow some balls and stop hiding behind their wife?

No matter how well you can speak Thai to have your wife or g/f do the negotiations (or a least oversee and have a final say) is always a better proposition than trying to negotiate a deal by yourself.

Always provided however that the wife/gf have your best interests at heart. You're not going to believe this but its true. A farang (an American but it could have been any foreigner) bought bought several hundred rai in this district. (in wife's name of course). This bloke was a keen fisherman and decided he would excavate a large lake on this property, fill it with fish, and try renting out cottages for fishing trips.He left the negotiations for the excavation to his wife. She informed him that she had managed to get a good price for hiring a front end loader and that it would only cost HIM X amount of baht to get the dirt carried away.

Yes she managed to convince the dumb cluck that he had to pay for the soil removal. She therefore got him to pay for hundreds and hundreds of loads of soil to be removed whilst she was of course collecting handsomely for every load that left the property.

Needless to say the relationship didn't last when he found out he had been duped. He was out hundreds of thousands of baht for being so stupid. Why didn't he get onto Thai Visa or ask a local falang the score..

Caveat Emptor.

No matter how well you can speak Thai to have your wife or g/f do the negotiations (or a least oversee and have a final say) is always a better proposition than trying to negotiate a deal by yourself.

Always provided however that the wife/gf have your best interests at heart. You're not going to believe this but its true. A farang (an American but it could have been any foreigner) bought bought several hundred rai in this district. (in wife's name of course). This bloke was a keen fisherman and decided he would excavate a large lake on this property, fill it with fish, and try renting out cottages for fishing trips.He left the negotiations for the excavation to his wife. She informed him that she had managed to get a good price for hiring a front end loader and that it would only cost HIM X amount of baht to get the dirt carried away.

Yes she managed to convince the dumb cluck that he had to pay for the soil removal. She therefore got him to pay for hundreds and hundreds of loads of soil to be removed whilst she was of course collecting handsomely for every load that left the property.

Needless to say the relationship didn't last when he found out he had been duped. He was out hundreds of thousands of baht for being so stupid. Why didn't he get onto Thai Visa or ask a local falang the score..

Caveat Emptor.

I have bought land, built two houses, bout bikes, cars, all sorts of things and have always negotiated myself. Always got the deal I want. If one can speak Thai then it is far far better to negotiate onesself.

I have total faith in my wife and have never had any issues in 18 years with her but I don't see the point in having to always ask her for help.

Caveat Emptor.

I have bought land, built two houses, bout bikes, cars, all sorts of things and have always negotiated myself. Always got the deal I want. If one can speak Thai then it is far far better to negotiate onesself.

I have total faith in my wife and have never had any issues in 18 years with her but I don't see the point in having to always ask her for help.

Buying land.

Now THAT is a good achievement for a Farang.

Rather a stupid comment.

I can speak enough Thai to be understood.

Yes i still use my wife to deal with Thais, some Thais will not deal directly with farangs.

I am not hiding behind my wife, it just makes more sense, and Thai people prefer that way.

I speak Thai very well. I have never had a problem dealing with Thais.

In fact, most of the time they are grateful that an expat has managed to pick up the language so well.

And yes. I did buy some land. I looked at it, liked it and paid, the right price for it. That is called "buying". I then gave it to my wife.

Hiding behind the wife? What a ridiculous statement. I have a good friend who has been here more than twenty five years. He speaks reasonable Thai. He gets totally frustrated especially trying to deal with True Internet and with many other things. He is single and my wife often has to straighten out problems for him. If not for my wife, he would likely have had a stroke or heart attack by now.

Hiding behind the wife? What a ridiculous statement. I have a good friend who has been here more than twenty five years. He speaks reasonable Thai. He gets totally frustrated especially trying to deal with True Internet and with many other things. He is single and my wife often has to straighten out problems for him. If not for my wife, he would likely have had a stroke or heart attack by now.

There's the problem then. 25 years and only reasonable Thai?????????

I forgot about the internet. I sorted that too.

Quite often Thai people will not be strong enough in the complaint. I have personally helped expats in situations that their wife has not been able to rectify because she is not forceful enough. I approach the situation in a polite but firm way. That way the problems get resolved.

Quite often Thai people will not be strong enough in the complaint. I have personally helped expats in situations that their wife has not been able to rectify because she is not forceful enough. I approach the situation in a polite but firm way. That way the problems get resolved.

Obviously everyone is not as smart and savvy as you are. You really should be careful who you negotiate with. Many Thais do not like the strong firm treatment.

Obviously everyone is not as smart and savvy as you are. You really should be careful who you negotiate with. Many Thais do not like the strong firm treatment.

I said firm and polite. I have never had a problem. I was in the service industry back in UK so know how to do things. I always respect the person I am talking too and remember that I am in Thailand and things need to be handled differently.

I said firm and polite. I have never had a problem. I was in the service industry back in UK so know how to do things. I always respect the person I am talking too and remember that I am in Thailand and things need to be handled differently.

Good point.

That Irish lad showed how not to do it with Jomtien immigration.

Good point.

Was he buying land fill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point.

Was he buying land fill?

I hope not because his negotiation skills were not up to much.

Good point.

Was he buying land fill?

I bet Jesus loves him but.....

I agree, It's just like being too smug really. :)

Got it for 100 b, had some kinda promotion in Korat but usually 400 or so

Congratulations, you got a great deal. Did you negotiate this yourself or use a thai 'agent' for communication?
GF 's Father, sorry not proficient enough, they were excavating a lil reservoir in Moobaan, why so cheap, less than a kilo away

Yes. Sorry about that.

I paid 350 baht last year in Buriram. There was a lot of road construction going on at the time so it was difficult to get and the price was slightly higher. I did get a free truck load for every 15 that came. I had a total of 60 truck loads.

Good point.

Was he buying land fill?

I bet Jesus loves him but.....

I agree, It's just like being too smug really. smile.png

"smug".

I guess that is an abbreviation for "Seen Messing Up at Gary's".

I always get a chuckle from expats who make silly assumptions. rolleyes.gif