Z170 or X99

sbcbuilder

Looking to buy a new system for racing games like Game Stock Car Extreme etc. There are so many combinations out there it is hard to tell just by the written reviews what is best. I would like to hear from someone who builds high end computer systems what their preference is, Z170 or X99. Right now I am using my 7 year old X58 with a i7 950 cpu and 12gb of ram and a GTX 580 and a 5 year old ssd. Better to build a new system or upgrade my system? Where are the high end shops in Bangkok? I live in the country so it would be nice to have a one stop and shop option. Thanks for the suggestions.

Go to banana in tuk com or there is another shop but the name I can't remember. It's Jbl or jlb or something like that also in tuk com. Fair prices and they know there stuff and put it altogether for you free. And the after sales service is brilliant.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Go to banana in tuk com or there is another shop but the name I can't remember. It's Jbl or jlb or something like that also in tuk com. Fair prices and they know there stuff and put it altogether for you free. And the after sales service is brilliant.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Where is tuk com? I know where Future Park Rangsit is, anything around that area? Thx.

Z170 unless you know the reason you want/need X99 or have $TEXAS to spend on the build.

X99 definitely has some advantages, but Z170 generally has better and more reliable support for the latest tech like USB 3.1 and PCI-E M.2 SSD's. On the other hand X99 will be more expensive, and will probably only give a small performance increase, if any, for gaming usage. So, you would be better of buying Z170 and using the money saved on a better GPU. That is, unless you know the specific reason for X99, like 3/4-way SLI.

Archived