Travel insurance for Thai Partner

Caps

Can anyone recommend anywhere to get travel insurance from in BKK for my Thai partner. We are going to Singapore and I would like her to have some

Thanks

Apologies for putting the wrong Forum...just found the insurance forum

My favourite provider when travelling:

https://www.worldnomads.com/

Good one, but why the Policy Excess ?

Policy Excess: A $100 USD deductible or co-pay applies for all claims except for Emergency Medical Transport, Evacuation & Repatriation expenses. This amount is what you are required to pay for each claim arising from any one event.

My favourite provider when travelling:

https://www.worldnomads.com/

Good one, but why the Policy Excess ?

Policy Excess: A $100 USD deductible or co-pay applies for all claims except for Emergency Medical Transport, Evacuation & Repatriation expenses. This amount is what you are required to pay for each claim arising from any one event.

I think just about every Travel Insurance I have taken out has had an excess, I remember when coming to Thailand on holiday many many years ago I had a £50 excess.

Why? I have no idea...........

Edited to add

OK I have now read up on it, it allows them to lower the cost of coverage because people aren't claiming for seeing a Dr for minor ailments.

The bigger the excess the cheaper the policy seems to be the rule of thumb.

The one I had from Axa had No Excess (see attached)

attachicon.gifinsur.JPG

Horses for courses, I find their medical limits a bit low for international travel should anything major happen, an ICU stay isn't cheap in a lot of places however the policy is cheaper. I just paid US $ 120 for two of us for a 2 week trip to Myanmar in December which I thought was reasonable.

The one I had from Axa had No Excess (see attached)

attachicon.gifinsur.JPG

Horses for courses, I find their medical limits a bit low for international travel should anything major happen, an ICU stay isn't cheap in a lot of places however the policy is cheaper. I just paid US $ 120 for two of us for a 2 week trip to Myanmar in December which I thought was reasonable.

True, but we have both Medical coverage from my (European) Expat Insurance, and that one is unlimited, we just wanted travel insurance, for example Trip Cancellation etc etc.

Archived