BTS riders grumpy over possible fare hikes

webfact

One thing I find difficult to comprehend is how can multi-nationals sell coffee, burgers, fried chicken etc. At the same equivalent price as in the western world when all expenses are cheaper, especially wages. Starbucks coffee 150B - America $4.50. KFC meal 270B - UK £5 - £6. Where is the justification in charging such prices?

KFC???? Their portions of French Fries are ridiculous, a lot less than McDonalds or Chesters.

I do not use these places that much, but when I use KFC, I never pay till I see the size of any portions, and

I am regularly sending the assistants away for more French Fries, even when I order a "large" size.

Oh sorry, I have went off topic, but I was only applying to Amdy2206's post.

One thing I find difficult to comprehend is how can multi-nationals sell coffee, burgers, fried chicken etc. At the same equivalent price as in the western world when all expenses are cheaper, especially wages. Starbucks coffee 150B - America $4.50. KFC meal 270B - UK £5 - £6. Where is the justification in charging such prices?

It is called capitalism. Which I broadly support apart from exploitative manipulation.

You have sure contradicted yourself there friend.

There are many other choices for coffee. Why would you pay 150 baht for a coffee ? When you can go to Amazon Coffee and pay 50 baht.
Or go to 711 and pay 14 baht.

My wife and friends love Amazon so i 've been waiting a lot for them to get coffee there.

It can easy take 10-15 minutes before they got their drinks, i would have cancelled it allready but for Thai it's no problem to wait that long.

I don't understand why they don't have a big automatic coffeemachine and only have to mix it with ice, milk, condensed milk. They are far too slow.