Single type O from Penang

I want to open a Thai bank a/c and assume I will need a type O visa. Previously I could obtain a double entry O from Brisbane consulate as I have family here (twin step-daughters, wife deceased) with a show of available funds, but it is now closed permanently.

I work just over 6 months in Oz, the rest here, with a house leased by the year, and Thai g/f of 10+ years that I support. I will be retiring here in about 18 months, and want to start transferring funds to a Thai a/c.

Will Penang accept the need to open a bank a/c prior to retirement as grounds to issue a single O? Can show B200,000+ in Oz a/c, lease documents, possibly statement from g/f.

They will only do the non-o based upon being the parent of a Thai.

The will not do one based upon retirement until you are 50 years old and if you were you would need to show 800k baht in the bank.

You should be able to open a bank account with a tourist visa entry. Take your girl friend with you and see if she can be your reference. She will need her ID card and a copy of her house book registry.

FYI the consulate in Brisbane is open again with a new honorary consul. See: http://www.royalthaiconsulatebrisbane.com/