Patong power

miksak

Hello,

Just want to know whats up with the power situation with Patong power

We seem to loose power all the time and it so frustrating

as we rely so heavily on power with our water coming from Bor

We use to be feed from Chalong and it wasnt nearly as bad

Thoughts..

Are you talking about electricity supply or water supply ?

What does 'as we rely so heavily on power with our water coming from Bor' mean ?

Our Electricity power supply is always cutting in and out due to failure

When we loose power we also loose our water as we do not having a gravity fed water tank

Our water is feed from a Bor which requires a electric pump to pump the water to our house

so when we loose power we loose water also

And it is happing all the time

We have a couple of buildings off Nanai Road. Can't say there are frequent power failures. For sure power goes off from time to time. But not 'cutting in and out'.

Might be you have a very localised problem, bad wiring, whatever.

How do you know your power came from Chalong ? Patong electric always came from Kathu years ago. Now there seem to be a feed from both Chalong and Kathu which gives a better chance of power staying on.

If you rent then talk to your land lord. If you own then talk to PEA office on Rat-u-Tit just about opposite the big massage place.

We have a couple of buildings off Nanai Road. Can't say there are frequent power failures. For sure power goes off from time to time. But not 'cutting in and out'.

How do you know your power came from Chalong ? Patong electric always came from Kathu years ago. Now there seem to be a feed from both Chalong and Kathu which gives a better chance of power staying on.

If you rent then talk to your land lord. If you own then talk to PEA office on Rat-u-Tit just about opposite the big massage place.

At about the time of the OP, there was a significant power outage in Patong.

At first, there was a quick off/on cycle (which worried me, thinking it was a surge), followed by a complete loss of power. Fortunately, this only lasted a few minutes this time (as opposed to hours in the past).

From what I could see, the area affected was the area bounded by Jungceylon, Prachanukhro, Sai Kor and Nanai Roads (including all the sois off of Nanai south of Banzaan) - so a fairly large area.

At about the time of the OP, there was a significant power outage in Patong.

At first, there was a quick off/on cycle (which worried me, thinking it was a surge), followed by a complete loss of power. Fortunately, this only lasted a few minutes this time (as opposed to hours in the past).

From what I could see, the area affected was the area bounded by Jungceylon, Prachanukhro, Sai Kor and Nanai Roads (including all the sois off of Nanai south of Banzaan) - so a fairly large area.

How's Jungceylon going.Still being propped up by scaffold meant for humans,instead of akro.

Im actually located in Karon and have been told that we have power feed from Patong form the PEA as we call them up all the time

We have been in our new place and for a year and and perviously at a different address in Karon we were told it was feed from Chalong

We didn't have to many power issues back then

We generally loose it for a small period of time yesterday we lost it for 4 hrs and had to leave our house for the day

Im actually located in Karon and have been told that we have power feed from Patong form the PEA as we call them up all the time

We have been in our new place and for a year and and perviously at a different address in Karon we were told it was feed from Chalong

We generally loose it for a small period of time yesterday we lost it for 4 hrs and had to leave our house for the day

Karon is a different story. I live in Kata and near Kata School and the power situation is terrible. Power off many times per month. My many UPS units sound alarm ever day as they blip on and off. The bad hours are 06.00, 08.00, and 10.00 in mornings. I guess they are rerouting power switching at those times.

For years we endured many hours power down while they were building the new transformer station near our road end. Completed about a year ago but the power situation has not improved.

bor = bore hole ??

Bor is the Thai word (in Isaan anyway) for a ground supply. If it is rock then it is a Bor Hin, if jewels it is a Bor Kaew. If water then I believe it normally means a hand dug well, a drilled well is a Nam Vadarn.

OP, if you can, what about a small water tank on the roof, so you can fill it when you have electric, and then rely on gravity, for when you don't.

I would like to but i dont believe i have the space

But might look into it maybe a 750-1000 tank might work as i think it will be all i need

Karon is a different story. I live in Kata and near Kata School and the power situation is terrible. Power off many times per month. My many UPS units sound alarm ever day as they blip on and off. The bad hours are 06.00, 08.00, and 10.00 in mornings. I guess they are rerouting power switching at those times.

For years we endured many hours power down while they were building the new transformer station near our road end. Completed about a year ago but the power situation has not improved.

I was thinking of getting a UPS or generator

Where did you get a UPS from in Thailand??

I only have a 50A main switch so i wouldn't need any thing big

OP, if you can, what about a small water tank on the roof, so you can fill it when you have electric, and then rely on gravity, for when you don't.

I would like to but i dont believe i have the space

But might look into it maybe a 750-1000 tank might work as i think it will be all i need

I was actually thinking a lot smaller than that. Basically, only for emergency showers, washing of hands etc.

It only needs to serve you whilst the power is down, and would be a reasonably cheap system to buy and install.

Of course, depending on your pump size, a small generator would be good, and you could run electronics like a computer / internet etc, and would be more portable as well.