Pokemon Go

SlyAnimal

Anyone heard any information on when this will be released in Thailand?

I've downloaded the app via changing my iphone's regional settings, but apart from a brief period (1-2hours) the servers have been blocked (No Pokemon spawn & it doesn't even register your distance traveled etc).

Anyway, thought it'd be handy either way to have a thread to talk about this game, since no doubt it'll be popular with at least a few expats (Even though it's a bit more a newer generation thing lol)

It didn't say Thailand in the list I saw. But a good thing if you ask me the last way I want to die is geting hit by a motorbike driven by a drunk Thai on the pavement why looking for a virtual pokeman.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Can anyone confirm there are Pokemon in Thailand?? I've hunted all over Chiang Mai and it's a barren wasteland, also there's no Pokemon.

If Pokemon Go is not even available in Thailand I've been wasting a lot of time, I suppose. :/

Can anyone confirm there are Pokemon in Thailand?? I've hunted all over Chiang Mai and it's a barren wasteland, also there's no Pokemon.

If Pokemon Go is not even available in Thailand I've been wasting a lot of time, I suppose. :/

There is no pokeman in Thailand but I know most of the Thais say there is ghosts.

Look like it has been turned of

http://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/advanced/1034862/pokemon-go-unleashes-mobs-of-monster-hunters

I live in pattaya I will check down soi 6 later I have herd there is a few monster down there.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/advanced/1034862/pokemon-go-unleashes-mobs-of-monster-hunters

I live in pattaya I will check down soi 6 later I have herd there is a few monster down there.

Gutted :(

Gutted :(

Don't worry mate I am sure you can live with out it.

Don't worry mate I am sure you can live with out it.

i'm not so sure. I'm bored to tears. I go feed and watch the monkeys around here....but outside that....zzzzzz

There must be plenty of other game to play. I get bored to sometimes but I always find something else to do last week I started playing chess online a great app called chess with friends. I've lost every game but its still great fun and I am getting better all the time.If you have a pc try some of the free online game like WOW or something.

There must be plenty of other game to play. I get bored to sometimes but I always find something else to do last week I started playing chess online a great app called chess with friends. I've lost every game but its still great fun and I am getting better all the time.If you have a pc try some of the free online game like WOW or something.

There's an idea. I am crap at the game, but best way to learn is by being beat.......

There's an idea. I am crap at the game, but best way to learn is by being beat.......

It's good because you can play many games at once. Sometimes people take hours in between that moves. But you can just take your time and plan your strategy. Or start another game with someone else why you wait.

https://www.zynga.com/games/chess-friends

My name on it is Thai buddy add me if you are crap maybe I can win a game at last lol

It's good because you can play many games at once. Sometimes people take hours in between that moves. But you can just take your time and plan your strategy. Or start another game with someone else why you wait.

My name on it is Thai buddy add me if you are crap maybe I can win a game at last lol

I may take you up on that. I do find myself playing Hearts on my iapd for hours. I know it's a very simple game, but i enjoy it.

I may take you up on that. I do find myself playing Hearts on my iapd for hours. I know it's a very simple game, but i enjoy it.

I look forward to it

Some people are playing it in China with work arounds

But one person said it gets a it boreing my yourself to play.

http://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-china-pokemon-snap-story.html

They are using some sort of virtual gps thing to make it look like they are in America. But I think you run the risk of get banned.

Just to see what all the hype was about, I downloaded it last week using a US Apple Store account that I keep, since it was not available on the Thailand app store. Didn't really know how to play it, but I saw a bunch of what were apparently Pokemans around (using my true location in Bangkok), and even hit one with a ball and caught it. Checked a couple of days later, and none to be found anywhere. All are vanished!

So apparently the provider has pulled the plug on Thailand. None to be found now and some of the features seem to be disabled. It does appear that there is no longer a workaround for Thailand, unless I am missing something.

Get Ingress. Same company, same basic idea, better game, no small rats, available worldwide.

I will have a look, but I bet you won't meet other people playing it. It looks like a good laugh. But this looks a bit scary.

For when it is released, this site here seems like a good one for information on the game etc too:

https://rankedboost.com/pokemon-go/tier-list/

Could be handy to read up before it's released.

As with all of Europe getting Pokemon Go earlier this week + Canada earlier today, Thailand hopefully won't be far away (Although apparently when they opened it up to each new set of countries the servers overloaded, they'll probably be completely fried when they open it in Asia lol.

This news makes me sad :(

**edit just realized the link I was posting was from Bangkok Post, and I can't link that here. However the page extension is:

/tech/1040978/

Guts of the article was CP owns the master license to everything related to Pokemon in Thailand and they've announced that they won't release Pokemon Go til September :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived