Tyre pressures Isuzu 4wd Dmax V cross 2014 Crew cab

Thought I'd check the air in the tyres the other day. Looked a bit flat even though recently serviced. Anyway, read in my manual and on the inside door

pressure front and back 29 kpi. So I hook up the air pump at the gas station and looks like tyres were already at about 36 and deflating to what I'd set at 29.

Now they look really flat. Tyres are 245/70R16. The car only ever carries 2 people and is unladen / never carry heavy loads in the back etc.

What air pressure you guys run in your tyres?

Just to be clear, it should be 29 PSI (Pounds per Square Inch) not KPI - typo? Perhaps KPA which is kilo-pascal if you filled you tires to 29 KPA you'd have about 4 PSI in them which would indeed look and be quite flat.

When we had a DMAX I ran 30 PSI on the back and 32 PSI on the front unladen. But was on 265 tires I think. Always thought 29 was a bit low. People in Thailand seem to over-inflate in the name of fuel economy. The idea is to inflate correctly to maximize grip and minimize wear. Always check pressures when the tires are cold and not in direct sunlight.

If you see more wear on the outer edges of the tire, usually thats due to under inflation. More wear in the center, then over inflated. You're looking for even wear across the tread width and adjust by a couple of PSI accordingly using the manufacturer recommendation as the starting point.

Just to be clear, it should be 29 PSI (Pounds per Square Inch) not KPI - typo? Perhaps KPA which is kilo-pascal if you filled you tires to 29 KPA you'd have about 4 PSI in them which would indeed look and be quite flat.

When we had a DMAX I ran 30 PSI on the back and 32 PSI on the front unladen. But was on 265 tires I think. Always thought 29 was a bit low. People in Thailand seem to over-inflate in the name of fuel economy. The idea is to inflate correctly to maximize grip and minimize wear. Always check pressures when the tires are cold and not in direct sunlight.

If you see more wear on the outer edges of the tire, usually thats due to under inflation. More wear in the center, then over inflated. You're looking for even wear across the tread width and adjust by a couple of PSI accordingly using the manufacturer recommendation as the starting point.

Thanks mate, problem here is finding a gas station where they firstly have a pump, then one that is working. I have one of those foot pump jobs but its rubbish.

I run 29 all round per the door panel on a dmax with 265s. Never had any problems with uneven tyre wear. The Thais look shocked when I take the pump pressure setting down from the 3X that they set for just about everything.

On the subject of Tyres....Is there a Law in Thailand about the AGE of Car Tyres?

Ours still have heaps of Tread left on them but my wife reckons there is an Expiry Date on them and they are Past their Use By Date.

If so, could this cause an Insurance or other problem?

On the subject of Tyres....Is there a Law in Thailand about the AGE of Car Tyres?

Ours still have heaps of Tread left on them but my wife reckons there is an Expiry Date on them and they are Past their Use By Date.

If so, could this cause an Insurance or other problem?

No law. Your choice to change or not

Am advised that in the hot climate you should change after 5 years even if not worn. The rubber can start to perish or get hard. Any views on this. ?

Your choice, mine is looking after them by keeping them out sun when parked, and using the tyre silicone liquid on the walls both sides.

Ours still good but 8 years now, will be changing soon.

29psi is correct but check when cold, not when you have been driving around. Buy a 12V pump and a separate gauge at Tesco, the one on the pump is bah.gif .

Tyre life really depends on the manufactures compounds used, just check for side wall for cracks or rubber dust when rubbed with you fingers. Michelin 'guarantee' their tyres for up to 9 years, 3 on the shelf, 6 on the ride.

Never heard of an expiry date on a tyre, time of manufacture, yes..

Whats Cold.Alaska in Winter, or Thailand in the morning.?. I put mine in the Freezer overnight im so fussy.Load ov ot air to me,just blow the buggers up......crazy.gif

Am advised that in the hot climate you should change after 5 years even if not worn. The rubber can start to perish or get hard. Any views on this. ?

Mine are nearing 9 years and 100k km. They still look good , but if I use a magnify glass I can see tiny cracks in the rubber sidewall. I'll change them next year after I come back from europe . Not good putting on new ones and letting the car weigh on them for 3 months .