St Petersburg-Anyone been

hackjam

I've been to St. Petersburg Russia and going back on a cruise next year with the wife. I don't have any hotel recommendations but definitely take a 2 day tour if you can. A great way to see all the sites and the summer palace of Peter the Great is amazing. If you're a museum wonk like me then the Hermitage is a must!

Edited by AZBill

Russian visa for Americans is a hassle; you need to get an invitation from a tourist company in Russia and then fill out an application that includes a supplement asking everything about eveything. Then pay a lot of money and wait.

But St Petersburg is indeed a wonderful place to visit; shame about the hassles.

Went to St. P for 2 days while on a cruise a few years ago.

Would highly recommend Anna Artyushina at www.petersburgguide.com. This was a great tour. They pick you up with a comfortable van---no more that 10 or 14 people as I recall. On our tour there were only 7. She has standard tourist places but these can be adjusted according to the passengers requests.

Went to St. P for 2 days while on a cruise a few years ago.

Would highly recommend Anna Artyushina at www.petersburgguide.com. This was a great tour. They pick you up with a comfortable van---no more that 10 or 14 people as I recall. On our tour there were only 7. She has standard tourist places but these can be adjusted according to the passengers requests.

I would add that she takes care of all the visa requirements.

Russian visa for Americans is a hassle; you need to get an invitation from a tourist company in Russia and then fill out an application that includes a supplement asking everything about eveything. Then pay a lot of money and wait.

But St Petersburg is indeed a wonderful place to visit; shame about the hassles.

I got my LOI online. Went to the embassy in Bangkok and got visa. A bit of a hassle, a bit of money, but it was a fantastic trip. Great country to visit. Moscow is a must also.

Went in 1970, one of the greatest cities on earth to see, Moscow looks like a slum compared to it. Peter and Paul fortress is worth a look not sure if they have the aurora battleship still moored up that fired shots in the revolution. Hermitage is vast, take all day at least.

Went in 1970, one of the greatest cities on earth to see, Moscow looks like a slum compared to it. Peter and Paul fortress is worth a look not sure if they have the aurora battleship still moored up that fired shots in the revolution. Hermitage is vast, take all day at least.

I spent a week in both cities. Moscow is hardly a slum. Beautiful city.

But yes, St Petersburg is great also. I stayed near the train station to save money on hotel expenses. Not a nice area.