Drive by Shooting in Pattaya. Taxi Drivers Target American National

webfact

Drive by Shooting in Pattaya. Taxi Drivers Target American National
Story by Albert Jack

usa.jpg

Are Pattaya Police Being Controlled By Motorbike Taxi Drivers?

PATTAYA: -- On June 13 sixty-year old American national, Steve Short, a Thai resident of sixteen years, pulled up at the Tesco Lotus on Naklua 16, Wongamat, to pick up some supplies.

On leaving he was confronted by an angry motorbike taxi driver, who is also well-known in the area as an airport-run taxi driver, who insisted Mr Short had parked in his ‘personal space’ on the forecourt of Tesco Lotus, Soi 16. Watched by Tesco staff the taxi driver, known locally as ‘Bang Bang’ threw Mr Short’s motorbike into a wall and then onto the ground.

After remonstrating, Mr Short quickly rode away only to notice Bang Bang chase after him and then try to pull him off his motorcycle. He followed the American to his home at Siam Penthouse, also on Soi 16, and confronted him in the parking lot, only to be prevented by the condo security guard. Incandescent Bang Bang then loudly proclaimed that he was ‘Mafia’ and was going to kill Mr Short.

The building manager and security guard refused to call the police, despite threats of murder.

The following morning Mr Short made a full report to Pattaya Police Station, with the officer acknowledging that he knew who ‘Bang Bang’ was, only to be told to call back after he had been attacked.

Over the following weeks Mr Short had to endure passing Bang Bang and his taxi driving colleagues, due to the cul-de-sac that Soi 16 is, only to be abused, shouted at, threatened and sometimes chased, as they ‘knew he had been to the police.’ The threats again included the threat of death.

Bang Bang and his two thugs have been reported by local security guards several times outside the Siam Penthouse using obvious intimidation tactics.

On the morning of July 19 Mr Short discovered bullet holes in the front of his car.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/227950/drive-shooting-pattaya-taxi-drivers-target-american-national/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-07-21

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thainess at its best !!

Actually, this is the best part:

The condo manager and Mr Short’s own Thai wife, of ten-years, have also advised him to apologize to Bang Bang and forget about the assaults and threats to his life or it will always be a ‘problem for him.’

"Bang Bang" must really be suffering from SDS. And "Thainess" demands that those who are right apologize to those who are wrong.

Another good arguement for renting and not buying a condo. ;)

For mine it sounds more like an argument not to buy and drive a car.

Easy target of thugs in brown, risk your life amongst crazy drivers, risk of road rage

and now risk of getting killed by nutters when parking

what next

"Security Guards have again reported Bang Bang and his two cohorts have been waiting in the Soi for Mr Short and again the police have failed to respond.The American is now re-considering his residency in Thailand."

So, who is this Bang Bang guy anyway that he can shoot up someones car, chase them, invade their property and make death threats

??

and all the police can do is tell the victim to apologise

<deleted>??

As usual the police do nothing, they are waiting for the brown envelope.

I was reading yesterday about reforming the RTP well it cannot come quick enough.

The police are a total waste of time. Sack the lot of them and start afresh.

Would a call to non-local Police be any help or does the poor guy just wait until Bam-Bam shoots him?

And the nickname "Bam-Bam"...is that from a penchant for shooting things or is "The Flintstones" a popular Cartoon in these parts?

Poor guy needs to move back to the US where he can have a firearm for protection.

What does the good general think of things like this in HIS Thailand, seems there's lots of people with just as much power including over institutions like the disgraceful BIB

If all in this situation is true it's a disgrace but a good pointer as to how things work here.

Would a call to non-local Police be any help or does the poor guy just wait until Bam-Bam shoots him?

And the nickname "Bam-Bam"...is that from a penchant for shooting things or is "The Flintstones" a popular Cartoon in these parts?

Poor guy needs to move back to the US where he can have a firearm for protection.

I believe they call him Bang Bang, it was mentioned several times in the article.

might have something to do with his tendancy to settle arguments with guns.

where you got Bam Bam from i dont know

Hmm me an the mrs might reconsider moving back to Thailand i think ,it seems to be getting worse not better from what i been reading lately.

Saying that there been a few shootings, a woman mowed down by a bike a 16 yr old boy raped in a park and a guy found dead being treated as suspicious .in the last week around Belfast...........

worlds gone ba

Do they make nationalities of victims an important part of news stories in other nations? This should just be a story about someone threatened. I don't think nationality has any importance in this and most of these stories. Even acknowledging him as a foreigner is not necessary. This is just more typical threats and violence found in here. It is the business culture or Thainess if you like.

A taxi that owns a prime parking spot at Tesco. Sounds like he is a cop.

I know for a fact that some cops drive taxies and claim the best spots.

Mr Bang Bang may have even giving me a ride a few years ago from Tesco. I sat in the front seat and he let me play with his gun. Said he was a cop.

Same guy?

I believe they call him Bang Bang, it was mentioned several times in the article.

might have something to do with his tendancy to settle arguments with guns.

where you got Bam Bam from i dont know

I don't know where ai got it from either...should have been wearing my reading glasses.

Thanks for the correction.

Do they make nationalities of victims an important part of news stories in other nations? This should just be a story about someone threatened. I don't think nationality has any importance in this and most of these stories. Even acknowledging him as a foreigner is not necessary. This is just more typical threats and violence found in here. It is the business culture or Thainess if you like.

Does his nationality play a part? Would Bang-Bang and his cohorts be treating him this way if he were a Thai? Would the police have provided assistance if he were Thai?

From my limited experience here I would say that it is important to reference ones' nationality or ethnicity in Thailand because it often plays such an important role in the events.

I would have zero interest in this story if it were Thai-Thai violence...its only that he is a farang that I find it interesting.

Edited by ClutchClark

The big mistake here is to correlate Eastern law with Western law.

In the end it always comes back to the village level no matter what position a Thai may hold.

If the village elder says it is ok then it is ok. If the perp goes against the will of the village then he gets hillbilly justice.

Their bodies are found lying on the side of the road every day of the week. Even Thai so called high society operates at the same level.

Pity it isn't the USA you could shoot the prick if it was. What was the reaction of the police to all of this? I see no mention of their reaction.

Not sure about it being Thainess but maybe the law should stop considering foreigners as always being the bad one (many are I know) and take care of cleaning up scum like this motorbike guy

Edited by gandalf12

Pity it isn't the USA you could shoot the prick if it was. What was the reaction of the police to all of this? I see no mention of their reaction.

That is just the point. The police acknowledged the bulletholes in the Brits car, threats made against him, harrassment. etc

but they didnt even approach the thug...rather they told the Brit to apologise to him.

What can honestly be expected if you park in someones personal space in a Tesco CarPark.

Thainess at its best !!

"Thainess at its best !!"

What a clever and original comment.

Do you really think "Bang Bang" is representative of all Thais? He's apparently a thug and a criminal. Are the people of your country typified by people like that ... or do you think such petty criminals don't exist wherever you come from?

In America where Mr. Short is from it seems the majority of people feel the need to be armed to the teeth in their homes and on the streets and an alarming number of them are gunned down by other Americans, including by their shoot-first-and-ask-questions-later police. I guess that's American-ness at its best, although as an American I'd hope that's not really true.

Edited by Suradit69

First of all he should never have driven to his home, he should have gone straight to the tourist police and let them deal with it.

All this over a parking spot, or maybe more to this than meets the eye?.

That is just the point. The police acknowledged the bulletholes in the Brits car, threats made against him, harrassment. etc

but they didnt even approach the thug...rather they told the Brit to apologise to him.

American

Another good arguement for renting and not buying a condo. wink.png

For mine it sounds more like an argument not to buy and drive a car.

Easy target of thugs in brown, risk your life amongst crazy drivers, risk of road rage

and now risk of getting killed by nutters when parking

what next

People, I think that you have probably lost/changed priorities living to long in Thailand...

Normal person can't buy condo or car just because of fear that some criminals can target him ??? In this case the best solution is not to live here... it's better than live in fear.

Or maybe this is another good argument to notify higher authorities (if local cops doesn't want to act) about whole situation... Try to report accident to embassy so they can use some influence as this was life threat at the end of the day. Try to make this case more public via social media... make some video with hidden camera etc... They don't really like this kind of stuff and they usually act after that.

If we will just stay and watch and do nothing they won already.

Lately I had accident - policeman's wife hit my car and was really sorry about that. She apologised on the place of accident, gave me her ID, allow to take pictures etc. She promised that she will cover costs of repair etc etc.

Next day at police station she completely changed story and says that this was my fault or at least I was partially guilty of this accident. Police tried to say something that we should sorted things out between ourselves. But then my girlfriend started to shout at this women together with police officers that they don't want to do their job because she have police husband and if they will not act she will go up to authorities in Bangkok. At the same time I started to make video by my phone. Well... it's enough to say that things has changed immediately - they appointed officer to take care about our case, he checked pictures from accident, took our testimonies, went to the accident place with us and at the end decided that the women was 100% guilty and punished her with 1000 THB fine. This was all what we needed... We took copy of police documents about who was guilty and go home :)

Thainess at its best !!

Actually, this is the best part:

The condo manager and Mr Short’s own Thai wife, of ten-years, have also advised him to apologize to Bang Bang and forget about the assaults and threats to his life or it will always be a ‘problem for him.’

"Bang Bang" must really be suffering from SDS. And "Thainess" demands that those who are right apologize to those who are wrong.

Bang Bang needs "an offer he can't refuse" like his disapearence.