DPM clears up why BKK Governor's name not on latest list of corrupt civil servants

webfact

DPM clears up why BKK Governor's name not on latest list of corrupt civil servants

BANGKOK, 22 July 2016 (NNT) – The Deputy Prime Minister has acknowledged that a fifth list of civil servants involved in corruption may be produced while stating that the reason the Bangkok Governor’s name was not on the latest list was because it was not proposed by the Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC).

Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Kreau-ngam has responded to observations the Bangkok Governor’s name was not present on a fourth list compiled by the National Council for Peace and Order of civil servants involved in corruption.

He explained that the compilation process involves the PACC proposing over 200 names for the list and then whittling it down by passing on cases involving low level civil servants to their superiors. He explained that even if a person’s name is not present on the list when it is made public, it does not mean that individual has been absolved of wrong doing.

Assuring that the list’s compiling is done based on facts the deputy prime minister let on that a fifth list is likely to be issued in the near future.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-07-22 footer_n.gif

For the life of me , why do I always think Thailand is a comic opera, the BKK Governor's name isn't on the corrupt list, he should be but he isn't , but he is still is the Governor of BKK , am I missing something here , if the BKK Governor is suspected of corruption , pray tell me why is he still the BKK Governor , even to be stood down pending investigations is better than nothing................................................coffee1.gif

For the life of me , why do I always think Thailand is a comic opera, the BKK Governor's name isn't on the corrupt list, he should be but he isn't , but he is still is the Governor of BKK , am I missing something here , if the BKK Governor is suspected of corruption , pray tell me why is he still the BKK Governor , even to be stood down pending investigations is better than nothing................................................coffee1.gif

Careful, it almost sounds like you agree to a corrupt elected official being forcefully removed from office. Remember he was elected, he has a mandate, they should wait until the next election and let the voters decide, Thai democracy will evolve if left alone.

Warning - post contains sarcasm.

"... a fifth list of civil servants involved in corruption may be produced..."

Sorry guys - the hub of lists (of corrupt civil servants).

post-209291-0-64802400-1469174736_thumb.

"...the compilation process involves the PACC proposing over 200 names for the list and then whittling it down by passing on cases involving low level civil servants to their superiors..."!

Does that apply when those superior's names are also on the lists?

"He's not on the corrupt civil servants list, because he is on the dumbass civil servants list. What? He should be on both lists? Huh, never thought of that. Does that mean I should be on the dumbass list, also? No, no, because I'm not a civil servant, I'm a General!"

hush hush newsprint editors: They only mention the job title of this gentleman, by no means his real name; why? his personality and the wording "corruption etc." should not collide...very thoughtful of the print media

Careful, it almost sounds like you agree to a corrupt elected official being forcefully removed from office. Remember he was elected, he has a mandate, they should wait until the next election and let the voters decide, Thai democracy will evolve if left alone.

Have to admit.

That was a good one.

Have to admit.

That was a good one.

Sarcasm, the highest form of wit!

"Careful it almost sounds like you agree to a corrupt elected official being forcefully removed from office."

But wait, that is exactly what you support isn't it. But A reasonable person could be of an opinion that until there is proof positive of evidence there is corruption on the part of the person holding office then let the rule of law be followed. But that's not what you support at all now is it.

So do you think his name should be on the list?

Or is it because he is a Democrat and he should be left to keep up with his (alleged )corrupt behavior?

You can't have it both ways mate. Maybe he should do as Yingluk did and remove himself from the position? And then hold new elections for the Governorship?

And if the opposition (reds) came out with armed gangs blocking voters with violence and with the backing of the military then would that be ok by you? As this is exactly what you and the few other junta fan club supported in 2014 elections.

Edited by aussieinthailand

"Careful it almost sounds like you agree to a corrupt elected official being forcefully removed from office."

But wait, that is exactly what you support isn't it. But A reasonable person could be of an opinion that until there is proof positive of evidence there is corruption on the part of the person holding office then let the rule of law be followed. But that's not what you support at all now is it.

Or is it because he is a Democrat and he should be left to keep up with his (alleged )corrupt behavior?

You can't have it both ways mate. Maybe he should do as Yingluk did and remove himself from the position? And then hold new elections for the Governorship?

And if the opposition (reds) came out with armed gangs blocking voters with violence and with the backing of the military then would that be ok by you? As this is exactly what you and the few other junta fan club supported in 2014 elections.

My, my my, so many assumptions made so inaccurately. Yes he should stand down, or be stood down, until the accusations are settled IF there is sufficient evidence of corruption. He doesn't have such power, so it is unlikely he will try to force through an amnesty to clear himself, but that alone would be clear evidence of corrupt behaviour, don't you think?

Edited by halloween

My, my my, so many assumptions made so inaccurately. Yes he should stand down, or be stood down, until the accusations are settled IF there is sufficient evidence of corruption. He doesn't have such power, so it is unlikely he will try to force through an amnesty to clear himself, but that alone would be clear evidence of corrupt behaviour, don't you think?

"My, my, my, so many assumption's made so inaccurately".

Hmmm,, No'p , I don't see I've made any assumption at all mate. I simply pointed out the fact that you supported the removing of an elected leader, that's not an assumption mate, that's a fact.

Then I simply asked a few questions, they are also not assumption my friend, so what's your point???

Then you say "He doesn't have such power." What power are you referring to?

I think he most certainly does have the power to stand aside/step down and follow the rule of law.

But there again you were an open supporter of Yingluk NOT following the rule of law (dissolving government and holding elections)

"He doesn't have such power, so it is unlikely he will try to force through an amnesty to clear himself, but that alone would be clear evidence of corrupt behaviour, don't you think?" Yep. http://www.smh.com.au/world/thai-junta-awards-itself-sweeping-amnesty-under-interim-constitution-20140724-zw8qq.html

the reason the Bangkok Governor’s name was not on the latest list was because it was not proposed by the Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC).

Thank you for that wholly satisfactory answer. That cleared up everything!

My next, unrelated, question is: why was the Bangkok Governor’s name not proposed by the Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC)?

Edited by jamesbrock

No, much better that the military removes anyone who is suspected of corruption or anyone they don't like. I mean, it's obvious that the junta is squeaky clean ( remember how they welcomed scrutiny of the personal finances) and it's equally obvious that the last 12 coups solved a lot of problems!

the reason the Bangkok Governor’s name was not on the latest list was because it was not proposed by the Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC).

Thank you for that wholly satisfactory answer. That cleared up everything!

My next, unrelated, question is: why was the Bangkok Governor’s name not proposed by the Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC)?

"It's all in the name"

See post #8

You would think that if the Governor elected or not is suspected of corruption, he or she would be stood down on full pay until proven otherwise , ain't rocket science.

They're too scared to sack him, given his connections.

I believe the Democrat party have disowned him.

Not the same as sacking him though, I believe they asked him to step down, and resign from the party, he told them to "do one, and go forth and multiply"

He's way too useful to the Junta just now to have him sacked and removed from office.

They're too scared to sack him, given his connections.

I believe the Democrat party have disowned him.

Not the same as sacking him though, I believe they asked him to step down, and resign from the party, he told them to "do one, and go forth and multiply"

He's way too useful to the Junta just now to have him sacked and removed from office.

I'll bite - why?